A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Movie Clips don't play in exported AVI

Lightbulb

I don't understand why this is so difficult. Exporting Flash to AVI ignores any movement and/or sound of movie clips. While exporting to Quicktime DOES play movie clips, when I import that mov file into Premiere, there is no audio at all. SO, I also exported the same Flash movie as a wav file, thinking I would use the video from the Quicktime file and the audio from the wav file in Premiere. Same problem with the wav file as with the AVI: sounds in the movie clips don't play. What am I doing wrong?

Do you have after effects?

If not, have you tried importing QT movie into Premiere, and then importing the original wav file in Premiere? not the wav exported from Flash. Then you can edit the sound back up. As far as why Flash doesn't export the sound in movie clips with an avi or mov, im not sure why. Perhaps someone else here will know. Thats why I just import the swf into After Effects and that works for me.

Thanks Visionray. I have AE 5.0. It doesn't allow importing of swfs. Does 5.5 allow this? As for importing the original wave files into Premiere, the problem is that there are so many small wavs associated with movie clips, it would take forever to sync everything back up. It's a pretty complex Flash movie I made. I just figured there should be a much less painful way of doing this.
    Loved both videos, btw! Nice job.
    [Edited by digitalhecht on 08-04-2002 at 09:28 PM]

Try Flashants SWF2Video, you may use it to convert swf files into video files, even there are movie clips or actionscripts in swfs. Go http://www.flashants.com for more info

Thanks, Big Mouse. I am stunned that Macromedia hasn't addressed this issue themselves. This is a MAJOR bug in the app. The idea of having to pay another $80 (for SWF2Video)for a proper AVI (that respects Movie Clips) is ludicrous. Looks like I have no choice though.

digitalhecht,
    according to Macromedia Flash Documents, you need to convert the Movie Clips into Graphics object if you want to export to video files. So I don't think it is a bug in Flash.
    Using SWF2Video or SWF2Video Plugin for Adobe Premiere, just save your time to avoid converting movie clips into graphics, because it may takes several hours or days. If it take you so much time to do conversion, then 79USD is worth.

If you don't use too many movie clips, then you may do the conversion in flash. and it saves you 79USD

BigMouse,
    Thanks again. I didn't realize that this was a solution. Converting MCs to Graphics for the project in question won't take TOO long. But it's nice to have this knowledge for future projects. THANKS!

So, question, why do my quicktime files exported from MX (flash files saved as flash 5) not import into anything? iMovie won't play them, afx won't play them.
    What am I doing wrong? I have latest quicktime player.