A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Registration/User Name/Password

gigantic Member
    Alright I tried this thread at actionscript.org, and it didn't work out to well. I'm trying to figure out how to make a user name/password type thing to "log-in" to a site...I have Flash 5 Bible and ASDG, and I have the user name thing built...I'm just wondering how to build a registration thing for those who don't have a "user name"...where they could enter e-mail and I could contact them and what not. I tried doing basically the same thing as the user/password set up...but I don't know how to connect them. I KNOW there is NO way you can explain this to me, I was just wondering if you could point me in a direction(books,links,tutes), where I can find out how this is done(PERL, ASP, etc..). I HOPE to it in Flash, and thanx a lot for reading through this short story.

gigantic Member
    O.K. I guess this is a lil far out there...thanx anyway...

Hi,

check out the "login" at http://www.neuralust.com/~mingdocs (server seems to be down at the moment, however) which consists of a flash part talking to either cgi or php backend.
    You will need some server script to remember registrants, and you should not build a login in flash alone (because any hacker can read the swf and find out the login details)

Musicman