A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Deleting FSUsername.sol ???

Hola,

When I login to a flashcom app using the SimpleConnect component, flash creates a file named "FSUsername.sol" which stores the username, duhuh. The path to that file is...
    C:\Documents and Settings\my_winName\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\my_winName

Each time I revisit my app, I am automatically logged in, unless I delete FCUsername.sol . I'd prefer to have to login each time.

It seems that deleting the FCUsername.sol file is a solution but how can I do that via Flash/Actionscript?
    Maybe there is another way instead of deleting files, but I'm clueless.

Any help is appreciated.

psx = new Moderator();
    Hey - the sol file is a local shared object, so you'd have to modify the simple-connect component I to either not use it at all, or to wipe it clean on logout or something to that extent. Sorry I can't be more helpful, I haven't been focusing on using the components but rather doing everything from scratch.

psx

Danny Gomez Creations ® cosmiceye's Avatar
    under a palmtree in Jamaica waiting for psytopia 2005 to begin
    To wipe out values from a shared object you simply pass null as a value. See the name of the shared object, not necessary the same as the file, but if its done by a allready made component it probably has the same name. In that case it should look like this:

FSUsername.data=null;

I havent used any of those components, so I dunno how it stores the value, but if it is stored in a instance, wipe that out like this

FSUsername.data.instanceNameGoesHere=null;

it might aswell be like this:

FSUsername.data[variableNameGoesHere]=null;

...paste the code were the object is created, and it will be easier to give you a correct answer.

Thanks guys,

After searching the component for the "username = null" statement, I found it nested in an if statement. I simply removed the if statement so that username is always null and that fixed it. God knows what I messed up by doing so, but it appears to work.
    I think from now on I will build my own components.
    Wish me luck!!!