dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Big Job + First Job = Qwirks & Bugs

resolved

Lots of little Qwirks and Bugs in this Virtual Tour But I'd love to have it be Consistent and friendly.

I've been working so hard to get the WHOLE project together that I just can't devote any more time NOW to spotting bugs and incinsistencies.

http://www.monitor.net/~manuel/bf

This is a Virtual Tour of "Best Friends Animal Sanctuary" with Movies and Panoramas that isModem Friendly.

I'd love for you when you visit to take your time and get a feel for how it could work or look better.

ALL the Panoramas are up, and only some movies are up. Most of the Tour guide sounds are not up yet. (except outside panoramas at Kittyville) AND text descriptions are not up to date.

Thanks for the feedback.

I want to have everything up and working smoothly by the 8/15, so it's crunch time now, and I'm not use to this.

hey mani_sf,

I noticed your vr tour is running a little slow, i think you may have too much going on for it to run smoothly on across all machines.

Maybe have the vr tour open up separately. Just a thought.

hi

i like it, nice pictures

The site is kinda big , the multiple loaders make it not so quick....

david

Sleep When Your Dead :)
    curious to know if you are loading some of the movies externaly.

The site is big. Which is to be expected with everything you ahve going on there.

I like the feel & the nav is very fitting. Not to mention cool.

Besides cleaning up the loading of the movies & perhaps cleaning up the preloader animation. ( The car did kind of a poor job staying on track)

I really think the site looks good for being incomplete. Good luck on the rest of it.

Chook says :
    "I noticed your vr tour is running a little slow, i think you may have too much going on for it to run smoothly on across all machines. "

At various points along the way the panoramas were running smooth then not smooth them smooth. I have been trying hard to keep them running smooth. Tony Cray ( Sydney Opera House tour creator: http://www.soh.nsw.gov.au/virtual_tour/vrtour2.html )
    says that vector art to the left or right of the panos will slow it. That and Loops or Sounds that play during pano movement are what I've been keeping to a minimum. I wonder if the vectors just sitting there hog recources. If you look, the interface has nothing else to do while a pano is spinning so I'm still wondering why they are slow.
    Thanks for the comment, smooth panoramas are a primary concern of mine.

Hiperion says:
    "The site is kinda big , the multiple loaders make it not so quick...."

I'm not sure what you mean. How do loaders make a site slow, I gotta get the data loaded sometime. Multiple loaders are the only option for this kind of project that I see. In general I AM looking for ways to smooth it out (panos especially) so I apreciate any input you have.

As far as pano smoothness goes I have the Driver for the panos as a separate SWF that is 60 fps. If that ever has an opportunity to make it smoother ( work load ) then I hope it will.

Tensor says:
    I like the feel & the nav is very fitting. Not to mention cool.
    AND
    Besides cleaning up the loading of the movies & perhaps cleaning up the preloader animation. ( The car did kind of a poor job staying on track)

Thanks for the compliments on the nav. I really want to know what you see as "fitting" about it. I worked through many revisions till this one SANG, and I think it is "fitting" too. (And it's verry important to me that it IS "fitting"

This project uses 5 different flavors of SWF:
    Interface SWF (300k)
    PanoDriver SWF (4k)
    PanoramaContent SWF(<100k)
    MovieContent SWF (<100k)
    StreamingVoiceOver SWF (100 -200k @ 24kbps)

The Interface Preloader is an older version and is due for an overhaul, thanks for noticing. What are you refering to when you sudgest I clean up the loading of the movies ? Are they not loading smoothly ?

Thanks for all your feedback.
    As I've said this is my first job, and I'm working alone, so I REALLY VALUE THIS.

P.S. check out some of the Voice Overs at the Outside "Kittyville" Panoramas. I've got the sound pausing when the pano moves. You can figure out why. Is this a good solution ? ( The Client wants voice overs and I need them to fit well )
    [Edited by mani_sf on 08-06-2002 at 11:05 PM]