A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] Demonik Productions

Can I change my username? *PipMastaFlix*'s Avatar

Smile

Check it out. I'd like feedback, criticisim, tips, anything!
    http://demonikproductions.cjb.net
    Thanks

Whaddaya say? I like the look of your site. Easy on the eyes and nice clean graphics. I think your logo is awesome!
    Duct tape is a nice effect. Keep up the good work and I'll keep an eye on the progress.
    Peece,
    Mel

nice site..
    u work at (BD) or now staples!? me too.. at the ajax store near the t.o.

are your managers as crazy as mine about esp's!

ttyl

FK's Freelance Artist
    All I can say is "Good Job!"

Staples!!! AHHHH the devil's in the house!

YEAH! I can't get any hours if I don't sell any! They're a bunch of freaks. Like I've been there a year now and I've never gotten my 6 month raise. I tell ya, Staples is not an honest company. When ever the big bosses come down, like last week the president of Staples Canada came and they prety much told us to straighten up. Anyway, all I like about there is selling computers, I makes the time go by.

Hey if anyone want's to dis Staples... do it here!
    Latah

great site, dirty but clean design

anyways in the "what i do section" if you're gonna try to confuse and "give awe" to the customers with those language syntax, i suggest use a better font for that (like font that is small, used in many different development environments ^^) or, just make them less noticable or make them "mix" more into the background, otherwise they make the website more messy

just some suggestions
    gl hf

Smile

ok thats what I was thinking on doing. ill leave the titles red but I'll make the "syntax" lighter. by the way what do you ppl think of that php syntax look. is it nice or does it nned to go?? personaly I like it but sometimes that doesnt mater hehe.

ahh yeah and UnderTheSun, what do you mean by "dirty but clean design"

means a bit dirty on the outside, but clean inside
    dont worry too much but if you really care..

its best to keep it neat and clean, and that menu where texts were displaced makes it look dirty although it's cleaned.

dirty is actually what i say on anti-aliased texts, where they go a bit blurred and look "dirty"

well.. clear?

gl hf

yeah i get it. acctualy, i was talking to melmade and i was saying that i wanted to change the bg with my logo titled. anyway ill find something to put back there.

yeah steve matie's always comes in to our store, just cause i think he lives near toronto...

i sure do like NON busy days when i can just sit and lax.. and get paid for it..

this is a rare event, cause u usualy have to be on guard for the managers walking around..

what we do is get movies and music vids and shows from kazaa and put them on the computer screeens, and then we just watch them all day, (secretly)

its a desent job, and im usually in the top5 for selling esps for the store, so for most of the time i dont worry too much..

ttyl

hehe yeah steve matias came to our store the other day. he didnt say much, they just came to fire one of our managers but no one knows why. and just the week b4 that they fired a guy who had just started working there. its really corupted i can tell you that.

yeah we put movies on too. we've had shrek on for like 4 months now. i swear to god, i know all the words to that movie. hehe. yeah but you're right its a decent job. im gonna talk to my manager about not getting my raise though and ill get a big back pay check hehe

roll`em easy
    Mainz /Germany/Europe/earth/milkyway/world
    you should use a 100%width and 100%height-publication so your visitors don`t have to scroll if they have their screensize at 800x600.
    Otherwise your site looks fine.

Cu
    barfly

its at 100% width but for the height, you have to scroll anyway cuz its too big for the page..i use 1200X1000 and i have to scroll on certain pages. but i tried it at 800x600 and you dont have to scroll left and right.

Just some opinions

Hey there good job on your site man here are some suggestions that I have for you take them with a grain of salt.

The logo is awesome fits witht he name though it makes me think of voodoo shrunked heads maybe a theme like that for the site?

Are you trying to market both of the sites as partners or something? demonik media and productions? If so Maybe try to give them a matching style not the same design or anything but some sort of continuity.

Not a big fan of the repeating logo as the BG image either but other than that man good job!

No demonikMedia is history now. Its something that was going to be but that never was since my buddy backed out of the recording thing to join the army. Its just in my portfolio as work.

As for the BG, I'm not too fond of it either and that just confirmed it. But I don't know what to do with it... deisgner's block hehe. Any suggestions?

Hows that?

Is this any better or is it just hard on the eyes?

FK's Freelance Artist
    I liked the other better... I don't remember it as bothering me, and this one makes me want to go somewhere else.

My idea of a background is something that isnt supposed to catch your eye specifically but it is supposed to accent the image you are trying to portray to the viewer

Try to make it help the over all design but try not to make it overbearing so its the main thing you see when you are supposed to be looking else were

Now I know that this cannot be followed all the time its just a simple rule I try to follow especially with HTML pages rarely ever to I actually use a patern on my page bg's this is held on the outside of the table so its not as obtrusive maybe lighten up the bars a bit so they do not jump out so much?

just some suggestions

Well I've made a few changes. The tiled BG is gone and changed to something that matches more the site. I also got rid of the duct tape simply cuz I realized that I can't use it since Red Green has it copyrighted lol, all you Canadians out there like myself will know what I'm talking about. It made my site look redneck too hehe. I also added my hosting provider's link at the bottom. Check em out, their prices are insane! Well thats it for now. Lemme know what you think.

Oops and I forgot, I changed the color of the logo in the topbar to match the rest.