dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: karlbrazil.com - I Hate Macintosh !!!

A Clever Cherrry Indeed
    I have uploaded a site for a drummer http://www.karlbrazil.com

I would like a critique of the site but i also have a problem :

There are 3 seperate movies on the page and i need to control one from the other. The bottom nav bar conrols all the sounds, but you can activate the sounds from the other movies. This is done via Javascript ie:

function jgotolab(myframe){
    parent.nav.window.document.mainswf.tgotolabel("/music",myframe);
    }

Within the HTML code, now this works fine on a PC (any browser) , but not on a MAC (all browsers), has anyone any ideas?

Thanks,

very nice! i like the layout a lot (although its a common flash cliche' somehow now...), and clean and stylish bla bla bla, (overall great)

the movements are nice without acceleration / deceleration
    but when it moves to the end it just seems to be a bit slower, so i guess you can add a speed actionscript on it? just some thoughts

cliches are ok

hehe.. gl hf

Can I change my username? *PipMastaFlix*'s Avatar

Swwweeeet

Man that's right a nice site. I'm having a great time with the drum kit I have a friend who plays the drums. I'll show it to him, I'm sure he'll like it.

Yeah I like the fact that its one long page that you can scroll trough. At first, I didn't think it was Flash though.

And I also like the little interactivities. Annnnnddd also like the concept that you are a part of your site cuz you're hanging around here and there.

Very very nice... ever though of doing design on the side of drumming?

Anyway, nice site, good drummin' now lets all have a beer and make some websites!

minor king
    cool.

really cool.

Im loving the drumkit.

I cant find anything wrong with it. Everything is quick and smooth. Great job!

Hi,

Great site!

I like the time-bar kind of thing.

The only thing I noticed is that there were 3 buttons to choose music, but only button 1 & 2 work (for now?).

Generally I like the site.

Greetings,

Fratan.

http://www.fratan.tk

I love this site. You are defindtely a favorite. The only, a i mean only, downside to it is you cant stop the main music to play the drumkit.

By the way, I have been playing th edrums for 3 years now. I have a Yamaha. He's my new inspiration. He started young just like I did.

A Clever Cherrry Indeed
    Thanx dudes,

Fratan : I know about the music, Karl is a bit of a slacker in providing the last loop. Thanks for reminding me

Younghisorians : You have to hit the mute button on the main music when you are playing the kit (although you can play along)

Did anyone view it on a mac? , if so try the loops!! cuz that's where i am haveing the crossplatform problem.

hi

i hate macintosh to

david

JAyzEE
    Nice Work..

A Clever Cherrry Indeed
    Any MAC users out there !

FK's official coffee addict gasbag15's Avatar
    Just curious as to why you used flash for the main content part?

I couldn't stop shaking my head in total AWE! This site is so "FRESH", "Creative", and I just love the drum kit! Nice work.

Im gonna agree with the masses. Great work! Very Professional.
    Peece,
    Mel

Nice site. aggri with melmann.

A Clever Cherrry Indeed
    Gasbag15 : Dunno mate to be honest, it was just kinda easier that way, it makes no diffence to the movie interactivity problem i have had as both the sound control in the nav bar and the loop control need to be flash. Interesting point though as i had to use two movies as you are restricted with flash to a couple of thousand pixels for the width.

Really nice site. I like the side-to-side look of it.
    Altho, I think it oculd have been done with html just as easily.

-video preloader is awsome looking - I like it.

Some problems:

-mute button is too far over on my 800x600 screen. It gets cut off

-dont' you dare compress those soundloops. The compression totally destroys everything you're tyring to showcase. I'm a drummer, and when your'e dealing with drums and mp3 compression, you really start to loose out on the cymbals which is clearly evident here. Bring them up to 128k MINIMUM. 192k would be prefered. Give them individual preloaders if needed.. buyt don't compres them that far. From a purely drummers standpoint.. the amount of compression totally destroys his style. He uses a lot of subtle hints, and ghost notes (I think? Hell I can't hear 'em I just can kind of imagine them fromn the way he plays) And if I were to hear that as his work - I'd brand him as a guy that barely deserves recognitian as a "good" player much less a player worthy of endorsements.

-music #3 doesn't work?

-links to DL HQ sound don't work.

-that drumset thing is just such a rip off of the one at mikeportony.com it bugs me beyond belief =/

-18"x12" bass drum? are you SURE about that? You probably mean 18x22.. 18x12 is unheard of. And it DEFINATELY doesn't look like that in his pictures of his kits. That would make his bass drum the same diameter as his 3rd tom. It actually looks smaller than a 22" a 20" perhaps... I'd recheck that.

-Is he endorsed by these companies? It sort of insinuates this... but not quite. Maybe include what sticks he uses and hardware too... mgiht be helpful.

-Kit diagram is missing pedals.

Oh, and those pictures are cracking me up. Is this guy a model, or a drummer? LOL

my sitecheck: http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=353027

A Clever Cherrry Indeed
    -mute button is too far over on my 800x600 screen. It gets cut off ----- Now sorted thanks

-dont' you dare compress those soundloops. The compression totally destroys everything you're tyring to showcase. -----Hmmm i understand what you are doing, however a 100K download for a quick sample can get on some people's nerves (espec if your not a drummer). The samples are available in their complete uncomppressed from in the Hi quaility download (as WAV's) now that it has been fixed.

-music #3 doesn't work? ------- Sill awaiting if off Karl, have since taken off the link until it arrives

-links to DL HQ sound don't work. ------ It does now, it didnt because of a capital 'L' in 'Loop', thanks for pointing it out.

-that drumset thing is just such a rip off of the one at mikeportony.com it bugs me beyond belief ------ never heard of him mate, have just had a look at the website and i can kind of see where you are coming from, looks like overkill to me tho - charlie watts???

-18"x12" bass drum? are you SURE about that? You probably mean 18x22.. 18x12 is unheard of. And it DEFINATELY doesn't look like that in his pictures of his kits. That would make his bass drum the same diameter as his 3rd tom. It actually looks smaller than a 22" a 20" perhaps... I'd recheck that. -------- Not being a drummer myself, again i didn't know so i didnt spot it, you are of course correct, i mean Karl aint no Umpa Lumpa

-Is he endorsed by these companies? It sort of insinuates this... but not quite. Maybe include what sticks he uses and hardware too... mgiht be helpful. ------ He is endoresed by them, not for sticks & i dunno about hardware, i will find out. He uses Vic Firth 5B's but i think we are drifting from the point a bit.

-Kit diagram is missing pedals.------are they really neccassary ???

Thanks for the comments tho as i have had to put right a few things

More please

Originally posted by Loafboy
    Any MAC users out there !
    hey ho - here is one

your site is running pretty good on my machine
    (powerbook - mac 0s 9.04 - e.i. 5)

well done (:

Originally posted by Loafboy

Within the HTML code, now this works fine on a PC (any browser) , but not on a MAC (all browsers), has anyone any ideas?

Thanks, [/B]
    just so you know i develop HTML/ javascript/ flash / etc for both mac and PC...

when you say it works on the PC but not on the mac, and its the macs fault.. that is just not a correct statement.... the problem would be your syntax... there are tons of things that visually look better in HTML on the mac, but don't correctly appear on the PC, so do we say. oh, PC sucks, it doesnt work, of course not, we find ways around it using different syntax and eventually you will find a equilibrium between the 2 platforms using the same language... javascript is especially tricky... i am not prepared to give you an answer on how 2 fix it, as i really only glanced on the page, and i haven't dulged further into your situations.. ok hope things have worked out for you

oh Yeah cool site Loafboy

maybee try to make it a bit slicker if poss

8/10