A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: tween by code???

Can someone post an example of how to tween by code?

I have a "button" mc with 3 states. Off, Over, and Big.

The movie is 5 of theses mc's in a row. I want to cycle through each button from left to right and right to left a few times, EXACTLY like the "wave" when people do that in a stadium.

After a randomly generated amount of passes, (say 20-25) it will finally stop on one of the button. Meanwhile, the whole thing has been slowing down, down, down, like watching that big wheel on "Prcie is Right" slow to a stop. Each button, of course, is a different prize.

Can someone suggest a strategy and at the least show tweening by code example(s)?

Thanks!

Originally posted by dbonneville
    Can someone post an example of how to tween by code?

I have a "button" mc with 3 states. Off, Over, and Big.

The movie is 5 of theses mc's in a row. I want to cycle through each button from left to right and right to left a few times, EXACTLY like the "wave" when people do that in a stadium.

After a randomly generated amount of passes, (say 20-25) it will finally stop on one of the button. Meanwhile, the whole thing has been slowing down, down, down, like watching that big wheel on "Prcie is Right" slow to a stop. Each button, of course, is a different prize.

Can someone suggest a strategy and at the least show tweening by code example(s)?

Thanks!
    you aren't really tweening. you want code that will tell the certain mc's to goto a certain state "off", "over" or "big". you can do this with two frames of code, but i do not think you are there just yet so i'll tell you an easy way.

i don't know exactly what you are trying to do so i am going to create a mc with 2 frames named "active" and "deactive" (each with "stop ();"). Active represents when the button is standing up during the wave and deactive when it is sitting.

place 5 of these mc on the _root (the main timeline) and name them button1, button2, button3...

now make a new mc and name it "control". each frame will change the button that is "active". the first frame will read...

_root.button1.gotoAndStop ("active");

frame2...

_root.button1.gotoAndStop ("deactive");
    _root.button2.gotoAndStop ("active");

frame3...

_root.button2.gotoAndStop ("deactive");
    _root.button3.gotoAndStop ("active");

etc...

play around. you can make a variable that counts the number of passes and stops after a certain number. Good Luck.