A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Menus

Question

Pretty new too flash! Client wants a flash intro leading to a flash menu. I want the menu to lead to html, for bookmarking pages, but I don't want the intro to play again when using 'back'. Any ideas??

cheers

gav

You need to place a get url from the intro to the menu. That way when user jumps from menu to next html , hitting back in the browser will send user back to menu.

Lightbulb

Look at the message board section for Baackend & scripting. There's a subject there for Back button. One of the replies has the javascript that checks to see if the intro has already been played.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dalma:
    You need to place a get url from the intro to the menu. That way when user jumps from menu to next html , hitting back in the browser will send user back to menu.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yeah, ok, but thats not too smooth though as the the plugin needs to load again between movie and menu? I think?

gav

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ionart:
    Look at the message board section for Baackend & scripting. There's a subject there for Back button. One of the replies has the javascript that checks to see if the intro has already been played.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That looks like the ticket, cheers.