A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Quicktime VR

Hi,
    i am currently using flash MX now. I got a problem and wish that somebody can help me with it. The situation is that when i wanted to link a quicktime VR to my flash and when i import the file, only a still images of my quicktime VR appear. So i wish that somebody can help me to solve the problem...

No QTVR support in MX, you can fake it -although it's tricky, but it can be done.

5G

Is it???
    So how do u fake it??

Like you said, you can see the still images. So you have a keyframe for each image, then in order for it to work like QTVR - you'll have to have a script the checks to see where your mouse is at goes to a frame of the fake VR based on that.

The script would go on the movie clip:
    onClipEven(enterFrame){
    check the xmouse/ymouse position
    go to and play a frame based on the mouse position.
    }

or if you want it to work faster, you could embed the script in a movie clip insided the VR MC and use three frames.

If you understand what I'm saying, you should be able to write your own script - if not, post a reply and I'll see if I can find what you need.

OK...
    But the problem is that it only have one still picture of the quicktime VR showing on the screen... the rest of the frame is showing the same picture...

I'm sorry, I'm right in the middle of 16 hour days trying to get a project out the door. I'll post my method as soon as I get a chance.

But look around, search for QTVR and Flash.

5G

Ok thanks.. But i have ask a few people around and they said that it is impossible to link QTVR to flash.
    Do you have any idea which program is capable of linking the QTVR.
    Cause i am doing a project of a map that when i clink on a specific area, it will come out a QTVR of the place...

There are a couple of ways to do this. You can either import your VR into Flash, lay a flash layer down with some interaction, then export to QT. Check it out here:

http://www.harlands.com/

The other way is to use Live Stage Pro to combine Flash and QT content, this is far from impossible - but it's not easy either. Look around here, there are examples of exactly what you are inquiring about.

http://www.blueabuse.totallyhip.com

5G

Yes this is what i needed... thanks a lot..
    By the way, do you have any more information on how to link the QTVR to flash..
    Cause the websites you gave me only have the sample but did not show how it was done..
    So i would appericate if you can get some help for me on how it will be done... I will be very grateful to you

QTVR

Originally posted by wisegx
    Yes this is what i needed... thanks a lot..
    By the way, do you have any more information on how to link the QTVR to flash..
    Cause the websites you gave me only have the sample but did not show how it was done..
    So i would appericate if you can get some help for me on how it will be done... I will be very grateful to you
    i am a new member and am also trying to use QTVR with Flash MX there must be a way that it can be done as a software compalny 3DVista has a program that can create a Flash SWF movie from a QTVR panaromic view.

Well boys, the answer is right in front of you. Sorry I can't give you my method right now - but I can tell you that the most important thing is that your frame rate and number of frames match and that your QTVR was not published palindrome (back to front).

It's been about a month since I played around with this, but I did have success (and many failures). I was building up a prototype for a client and I got the job - so I'll be neck deep in this starting on Monday.

As soon as I work though this I'll post my methods, sorry I can't help right at the moment - but keep digging.

A quick search on Google for "Flash QTVR" will bring up some interesting works.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...1&q=flash+qtvr

Ok thanks man...
    I appericate Your help...
    Hope You can finish Ur project soon..