dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Website Legalities?

Hi

I was just wondering something. When you design a site for a client, who handles the websites document info, like terms & conditions, and privacy policies & stuff like that. You or the client?

Thanx

One day older, one day wiser rafiki55's Avatar
    isn't that a boardroom question?

moved here for our boardroom experts to answer

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Originally posted by Vox98
    Hi

I was just wondering something. When you design a site for a client, who handles the websites document info, like terms & conditions, and privacy policies & stuff like that. You or the client?

Thanx
    I would imagine that the answer would depend on how 'hands-on' the customer was. If they were letting you take charge, then it would be up to you to decide how to handle the situation, or else, maybe they'd have to get their 'legal department' to scratch out a document.
    I'm huessing that generic versions of these docs are vailable from a range of sources - anyone?

Yeah there are generic ones you can get i'm sure. If it's a special case though it should be up to the client to have their legal department draw up the terms. You don't want to place yourself in a position where you'll be drawn into a legal battle of something happens. Designers aren't lawyers and we shouldn't try to be.

It's entirely the clients responsibility. It is content after all, and clients should supply all content.

Now of course they may not know whether they need things like this, and you can advise them, but you shouldn't be writing it for them.