A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: help!help!

hi i need a help fast,my movies take much time to upload though they're real small ones,what should i do so that they can get uploaded fast

i say it must either be your connection, or your host that does not respond properly..

anyways if yo' on 56k the uploadin speed is only 14.4 i think? upload is slower than download

gl hf

thanx but what i meant was that i have uploaded the movies already but,when i voew them on net,they take lots of time to show up,getting what i mean.how can i help that??????

resolved

The speed of downloading depends on the size of the swf file and speed of your internet connection.

How big is your file?
    What's the speed of your internet connection?

Unless your Flash has alot of Buttons, Here is a way to shorten a swf's size:

Save the Flash, then Publish it. Make sure the graphics are at 100%
    In a new Movie, with the Movie set as the other ( size and color ), import the swf from the other movie in.

I have found this cuts down the size considerably.

Of course, if you have Buttons or Script effects, this will, not work as well.......

Odin

Hi there, visit http://www.stmaryschoollucknow.org its a simple site but the movie takes much time to load though there is nothing in them, just the logo has some alpha effects thats it.how will i solve that ,due to this i removed the big flash movie of campus tour and changed it to damn simple powerpoint show for time being.

[Edited by shweta_ilike on 08-09-2002 at 01:24 PM]