dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Can anyone tell me?

Angry

I have Flash 5, I was thinking about getting the newest version of Flash I see this FlashMX and wounder and yeah I dumb, I'm not sure. But is Flash MX the newest version of Flash? But instead of calling in Flash 6 they called it FlashMX?
    Another question, I took a look at it on macromedia's website, it looks like its made for making websites? Does it make Flash websites easier than Flash 5 cause I still can't do anything with the feild of websites. Would MX give me some templates? Or the ability to make pages buttons and scrolling, with all the bells and whisles much easier.
    Do I still need to be an expert on action scripts? Thats about it. The price for it is alittle high but if it can do all of the above I asked. And it works better and it is the newest, I'll start saving up to get it.

-NormanTheDoorman

I don't wanna be the only flash user that can't make websites. lol

Developer
    flash mx is the next version of flash after 5. it's not flash 6 but it is flash version 6 mx is the newest version of flash.

components and things do make making flash sites easier (for a raw/basic website). to get the most out of it, learning actionscript is a must.

...ummmmmm

Flash MX is really Flash 6.0

As far as ease of creation of content. Ehh.. You either take the time to learn how to do it. Or you don't. Flash MX has more features and is allot more user friendly. My suggestion is to download the demo and do the tutorials. See if you like it better. Reguardless your going to have to learn how to make stuff it doesn't just happen.

Denim Demon
    Flash MX is the latest. It is Flash 6.
    If you don't know what you are doing, it won't make your life much easier.
    Anything worth doing well requires time, practice, patience.

Well.....as far as scroll bars go....there are components that are put in Flash Mx that have these pre-made so all you have to do is a litte scripting. For making websites...its easier i would say....i used to use flash 5 but then i got mx and now its easier for me. It took me awhile to get used to the new setup of everything but once you are used to it.....its much easier.

Sounds Good

I'm not all that ready to start taking the time to learn everything right off the bat, I've said why before 'Life' to put it simply. And I will check out the demo of it and see how it works for me. ;P Thanks for the advice... Now all I need to do is replace my cut and string internet connection and I should be fine.

-NormanTheDoorman