A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: is it good enuff for a 16 yr old :D

hey guys.... i just uploaded my site... http://moizsyed.s5.com

I WANT SOME HARDCORE CRITISM (if i spell that correctly) PLS

thnaks

I like the idea about the buttons showing the background on mouse over, but it needs more animation, and your lines are too thick they need to be thinner, an it also needs loading because when you click at first at any button it shows nothing.. for some seconds, and some people may think they are not activated, anyway, keep it up..

http://www.jppolk.com

ps.you said hardcore..

i like it, but i dont like have to read stuff vertically.

This isn't bad. The fps is to high. Add some easing to your animations. Good use of loadmovie. (Becoming hypocritical) The first page: too hard to find Logo.
    Work: Make it linkable.
    Blog: Call it News man.
    About: Add a picture or something, Spice it up
    Photos: Borrow a friends scanner or something
    AOL users will probably hit yer site. If they
    weren't, would they really need a web designer?
    Guestbook: Um....

Don't like reading vertically. It looks like yer link images to background are a little off. Add a chat section. Make it windowed. One of them fancy "chromeless" windows.
    Spice up the transitions from sections.

Let's see here... What else...

Make the links start at around 75%alpha then to 0%alpha. That would make yer out of synk image problem vanish.

HAH HAH HAH. I'M SO FUNNY...

More on contact: Make all yer links linkable. Like mailto:yer email and maybe some Yahoo backdoor sends. I'm sure there are.

The more I look at yer website the more I wish it were windowed so I'll save you the searching time. Go here and borrow their script. It's open source so here... http://www.kirupa.com/developer/flash5/borderless.asp
    um...

Back to normal me. Good start. Good luck.

create a pre-loader so visitors won't think there isn't anything in your links. put links on your previous projects so people will be able to visit them.

Originally posted by younghistorians
    i like it, but i dont like have to read stuff vertically.
    hehe...couldn't agree more !

Glad i didn't see any , ATTENTION PEOPLE, NOW LOADING MODULE..PLEASE WAIT FOR INSERTION !!! lol..that is soooo..well..i will shut up now..

mullet king
    Does anyone else have a white pixel in the middle of the screen on this one?

In the work section all of the buttons dont seem to have a hit area, This makes the buttons only work when you rollover the text.

I like the site as a whole, although the way each section comes in is a little bit dissapointing compared to the cool use of the background picture.

Good stuff though.

wats so dissapointing about that Aaron... ANY IDEAS FOR THAT PLEASE!!!!!

Uber STP
    use ease

dont just have them come in and suddenly stop

and when u click a new button, make it so the current sectino slides off an the next one slides in, instead of having it just dissapear.

but a hit area around the links to that way u dont have to put it right onto the text

But u did a nice job

good work... I'd say definitely expand the hit area of all the buttons (just paint over the place of the buttons in the "hit" section of the button symbol) and.. use a pre-loader for the sections that link from the triangle... so instead of clicking and thinking "hey where is it?" put a "loading" thingee in the center... maybe something that flashes "loading..." or something that has the animated perionds after it like:
    (loop)

well that's all I could say.. good job!

15-yr old.

Try picking out some dark colours from the picture and use them as background colours to each area. It could look better if you used different colours for each section to stop them looking the same.

I wish I was this good in Flash when I was 16. Are you looking to persue a career in web design?

Yes, is a good work for a 16years old boy
    You have put inside it some good ideas, such the buttons that show the background. good job man!

[OT]
    Hey "aaron.bennett" ... your surname is too similar to mine... maybe you have italian origin :P
    [/OT]

THANKS A LOT

whoa ppl... thanks a lot for such an awesome response... i will definately definately work on this site to make it better...aaron.bennett YEAH IM LOOKIN FORWARD TO PERSURE WEB DESIGN OR "NEW MEDIA DESIGN" AS MY CAREER... (im lookin for some work rite now too....).... Polling... thanks a lot man for such a nice responce.... The_e-Tahn... im working for the preloader.... I NEED SOME HELP... HOW DO U MAKE A PRELOADER FOR AN EXTERNAL MOVIE CLIP LOADIN INTO UR FILE..

(btw... ive started workin for my new version of the site already... but first ive to make this version PERFECT... or lets say "CLOSE TO PERFECTION")

Fearing Dawn
    the only thing i really noticed that annoyed me was the non-existence of a hit area over the text. Everything else is nice, although i pretty much agree with everyone about the vertical text thing. good job 15.

FK's Woman Chess Grand Master Seldudet's Avatar
    Firstly, i really hate it when people go on about their age...im 16 2, so what? we're all learning here dude, so get over ur age thing, you can do flash whether ur like 8 0r 80 yrs old, age isnt a factor...
    Anyway onto ur site, i love the mouseover with the train station background, only annoying thing is the way that when i do the mouseover, the train station bg flickers. Is there any way u can stop it flickering cuz i love the idea.
    Peace.

Ok, what I do for a preloader is put a scene before the main site.. then you do the preloader thing (have the code somewhere on my computer, lemme know if you want it..) so then i have it so it just has a "goto scene=laalal" or however the scripting looks.. I'm a newbie to all that stuff too, just got into it.. I'm sure you could have an external movie for the loading, but I'm not sure..

good luck, keep it up!

i just wanted to point out something, never put somthing to 0 alppha, but get close to zero like 1 alpha, but neva zero alphaa, i have see it to cause slowness in animation.

ovalzenith studios
    http://www.ovalzenith.iwarp.com