A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Active area of buttons...

Hiyall....

I have a problem.
    I have buttons that on the 'over' frame have some movies. So when you roll over the button, a movie plays, as part of the button.
    An animated button of sorts.

Anyhoo, the parts of the movie, very small particles spread out quite far from the button itself, are active. So when you roll over these invisible bit'n'piece's they activate the button (and it's animation).

I don't want this to happen.
    I want the button to be 'active' but not the movie's attached/associated with it.

¿Comprendéz?

You can view the site in question here: http://www.nuoptik.com

Go to the 'photography' section, and roll over the buttons (the cubes).... now roll over the blank space where the animated title's (Lomo, Polaroid, etc.) appear.

If you catch an area where one of the 'pieces' of the titles invisibly resides, it starts the animation (of the button).

Anyone know how to get this not to happen?? How to disclude the movie part of the button as being part of the buttons 'active area'.

Please help.........

in a button you have 4 frame ... the last one (hit) represent the area of the button you want to be active so in this frame you put a square the size of your cube.. This frame don't appear so you can put any form of any color it doesn't matter... Just make sure your animation have no state on the hit frame...

VIP Member
    Insert a keyframe on the hit section and draw a black shape of where you want the hit area to be

Cheers Guys!!!
    That'll do the job nicely!

<so that's what the hit frame is for!.....>