A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Customizing Components?

First I have a bug that I think I have uncovered. If you use the cursor component and you click to login to video component your cursor disappears. You can tab to your selection but it is annoying. Second I was wondering if it was possible to set up a lobby that you could chosse between different kinds of rooms to open. The example that came with the communication server only shows the ability to link to 1 html file to open when they join a room. What I am looking for is either a solution where whoever creates the room can select from like five different kinds of rooms based on their needs or the ability for the room which is opened, when they join, to be able to add and subtract components on the fly as the meeting needs change. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Jeremy

psx = new Moderator();
    Hey - I'll have to try the thing with the cursor. I haven't messed with it and video, are you using the simpleConnect?

The stuff you ask about rooms all sounds doable, but I'd imagine you'd have to build your own components to do it. Something I'm working on now is the component structure, and how to work with it.

Have you used the room list component yet? it's in the latest pack, with the cursor/whiteboard/etc.

psx

caithness massiv
    adding/subtracting components can be handled by adding a linkage to the component and then doing attachMovie() via button, frame, etc