dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: control a loaded movie?

Is there a way to control a loaded swf (no matter what it is) like a vcr?

Yes... A loaded movie is like amovie clip... but to use gotoAndPlay.. you have to label all the frames in the loaded movie, even across scenes. When you load a movie, scenes dont matters. Then use gotoandplay with frame label instead of frame number

Hope that helps

ok, I think I understand but can I make buttons to play, rewind, fast forward and pause too?

Master Poo Flinger
    huh? labels? can't use frame numbers? i don't get it. from what i've experienced, a movieclip is a movieclip. just because you loaded a swf doesn't make it any different. you can still use frame numbers blah blah blah movieclip. you just have make sure the frames you want to affect are loaded before you try to do anything with them.

and yes you can make buttons rew, ff, play and what not on loaded swf's. look up some tutorials on this site. they're abundant here.

yes labels are a better way to do it... cause if you have more than one scene in the loaded movie .swf, I thin kframe labels make the job easier

Denim Demon
    To target (assing actions to) a loaded movie, you will need to address it by its level number or target name.
    If you use loadMovieNum, you would target the loaded swf like this:

_level1.gotoAndPlay ("someLabel"); //any level greater than 0 will be above the root level.

You can use labels, numbers, strings, whatever.