A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 99% Flash Site. Need Site Check!

I spent quite a few hours putting this together, pretty much all ive done so far is the design work. Ill be updating the function of the site soon, and make the links work, but first I wanted some opinions/suggestion/critisism so i could tweak some things around and make it look better. Thanks in advance!
    http://www.prezix.com/linearhorizons/ln2.html

FK's Freelance Artist
    I would change the font.

Any suggestions to which font i go with? also hows the design?

FK's Freelance Artist
    I don't know exactly which font... just not something so plain..?¿

The layout looks ok... nothing that just makes me say "wow" but good enough to get me to click around a bit, and see what is going on.

Get rid of that little blippy thing in the top right corner when you click on a menu- it makes me want to go insane.

Also, being able to go down the menus once they're expanded would be nice... it dissapears when you go down them atm.

I might try a brighter blue perhaps? maybe not? I dunno... it kinda all blends in together on this screen... might look better on my other computer tho.

Angry

I'd change your preloader. Its a bit oldschool. The blue on black isn't good either. Its got a sweet layout though and alot cool eyecandy.

Please Review My Website

Hi:

I'm not really a fan of dark sites, but I realize the entire appearance could change once you add some more graphical content/elements.

I like the lines...it's a good start. Post again, when you've added some content, and I'm sure you'll get a lot more feedback.

James
    He is risen!!!

Also, being able to go down the menus once they're expanded would be nice... it dissapears when you go down them atm.
    >>>About the menus, like i said the functionality will be edited/added to the menu next time i update the page also. I was just looking for graphical suggestions, but thanks for pointing that out.

I think you need to get away from that gradient look on the buttons.
    -Josh

the little blippy thing is on the top Left....Right?....or does insanity run in the family....<smile>....
    Hey on Color : I don't think the blue would look so dark if backed up by a grey of some shade, Ya think MayB ?
    and I wouldn't mess with fonts 'till you get all the other graphic-stuff the way you want else you might need to change them too many times to go with diff' looks.....

Just some thoughts

<>R<>

Font is too plain and dark

I like the design and the dark colors, but that's just me I do think the font is hard to read and plain, I would change it to something maybe -- the same color -- but a lighter tone of blue so its easier to see. Overall, good job.

Barbi
    Admin @ http://www.cutefamilypets.com
    Has your pet been featured yet?

OKAY, but.......

The blippy thing in the top left corner can be slightly distracting.
    The websites too dark, brighten it up a bit!
    Good, but I spent ages trying to click on one of the items on the drop down menu only to realize that thats what tells you whats on the page!

JAyzEE
    Nice..................

mullet king
    Its too dark to read almost, but nice design. Good TV static effect.

Hey m8, maybe yer screen brightness needs to be adjusted but the site is really to dark.

Ver cool design, though I would add some more graphics.

UPDATE!!!

Alright, heres the link http://www.prezix.com/linearhorizons/ln2-1.html !!

I changed the font to a more exciting cartoonish font, removed the blipy light, and made the fonts easier to read with my contrast! I also made the roll over menus stay open when you roll over them, instead of closing!

Tell me what you think!

nice site....
    still kinda darkish and that blipy thing ( upper-left) still does it only not all the time...
    fonts look cool and I like the way you can close the nav-bar and bring it back....gooood looking site ( did I say that allready? )
    but still real dark – have you tried a shade or two towards grey ?

<>R<>

A Clever Cherrry Indeed
    Sorry but same comments really, too dark!!, whilst a dark site is fine, perhaps you should lite up the fonts a bit

That TV Screen what's going on with it, i preume it will become more interactive.

Love the logo font it's the Goodies !!!! (showing me age i think)

Lose the arial font tho, if you are going to have small text, use bitmapped fonts