dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: VBP site check 2.

Angry

I made alot of updates to it. Please tell me what you think and be honest. I don't mind blunt remarks. I want to know the truth.

Vertical Bang Productions

mullet king
    Its a nice site, everything works great together, but its nothing we haven't seen before - does its job though! Found the text in the news box a little unclear...

everything's a little small, also is the status box suppost to say the codding?
    -Josh

Hollywood,
    Wow, nice site. I like the scrolling interface. I also want to know more about the small fonts your using. I've been looking for those!

Are you loading each of your images individually? Your site loads really fast compared to mine and you have a ton more images.

I did notice a typo on your "About VBP" section. The word enhance is mispelled.

Great work though! Looking at your site makes me want to take up kayaking!

Have a great one,

mpars

Thanks for the heads up on the typo and the glitch in the status box. I'm loading every image using actionscript. Its really easy to do. As for the small fonts I got them from minimal. I'm sorry I can't be more original. I'm only 16 and I don't think I'm creative enough to come up with something new and innovative. I think that inspiration will come later.

Thx for the feedback

How to load images using actionscripit
    http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/mx/...ad_images.html

mullet king
    Hey its not a problem, Im finding it hard to come up with new ideas too... I like your site, and think you've done a good job... If I was a customer, Id be happy

Hi, it's a nice site, but there's an scrolling issue !!
    When you are eg. at the home section and you go to the about section it scrolls verry rude (dont know any other word) Try smoothing that scrolling

Thanks Hollywood

Hey Hollywood,
    Thanks for turning me on to minimal. That's exactly what I've been looking for. Also, for the loading images tip.

Hey, you have nothing to be sorry about. I think you have done an incredible job on your site no matter what age you are.

Always remember, "There's nothing new under the sun". Everything that we do as designers is built upon the work of others before us. You have plenty of creativity.

And, it says a lot about you, to know so much about Flash and other complex design programs at 16!

Be proud!

mpars

Angry

Originally posted by I_am_Tarzan
    Hi, it's a nice site, but there's an scrolling issue !!
    When you are eg. at the home section and you go to the about section it scrolls verry rude (dont know any other word) Try smoothing that scrolling
    Yes the scrolling is really choppy. I don't have the AS skills to make it "smooth". They way I have it set is to that the scroll speed is 1 for pages right next to each other and 5 for pages that are far apart. I want to make it so that the speed will decelerate as soon as the target page comes into view. Ex: This is how I want mine to scroll. This kid has some MAD action scripting skills

realization

Nice one,great job,i like it