dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: NOTE TO SELF

Most times i come here and look for inspiration or look to admire someone else's work. But about 87% of the time I waste my time. I look at these flash intros and usually they are knock offs ( saw 2 new posts today that were knocks off's to 2advanced.) Most its just EXTREMELY outdated stuff, that I go to the site and Im bored in the first 20 seconds cause it either loads to slow or its just blah.

Lets get some imagnation going and lets actually start helping eachother rather than just saying "OH ITS COOL" just to be nice.

Im not a flashmaster by far however, I dont see much inspiration here.

hope i dont hurt anyones feelings

Prophecy

I know what you mean, sometimes i sea (sorry) ****ty sites and there are people responding to it:

Waauw great site
    Keep up the good work

But the sites really suck, cant stand when people say such things then. When i post a site here i like honest comments, so i really know if my site is good or not. What are you with some fake messages that yer site is good while it sux ?? And yea, there are many knock off's of 2advanced. Guys, make something original, we dont want 100 same sites in a diffrent color !!!

Well.. you have your points and then you don't have your points. Not everyone here is an expert. Nowhere in the forum rules does it say "must be a professional designer to enter" I'm all for amatuer sites. People that are just getting started, or whatever.

However, I think the level of critisism needs to be stepped up. A post that syas "wow, it's cool I like it" has zero meaning. People need to be outlining what they like about it, and what they don't. There's nothing "mean" in saying "dude, I couldn't find my way around your site if I had a guide dog." A lot of developers get lost in their site from seeing it way too long that they dont' notice the obvious stuff.

Personally, when I post a site here. I want to know people's honest opinions. I don't care if they don't like the site/colors/whatnot but tell me the truth damnit. Don't just tell me "wow it's cool" or "wow, I hate it"

i think people are afraid to be critical for fear they might be banned.. i know for myself i got so lost in making my site artistic and creative and abstract no one could navigate and i took one person here to say, this is crap - fix it or go away.. and i did.

I tell them how i see them.. unfortunatley i sometimes don't see why people bother, the sites being submited are people who stole the flash software, pissed about with open source and made a site for him and his friends and then want us to look at it with a professional eye.

most of those people going wow, and amazing own those crap sites that people go wow and amazing

bloody visciuos circle of hacks

i'm ranting, nurse, nurse, the blue pill, now.

oh and another thing, is it just me or is every flash designer and web site canadian... everywhere i go there are more canadians than americans, must be the weather, were used to staying inside for long periods of time.

Get high speed in your igloo now..

Nurse!