A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: scrollbar not working

I'm quite new to Flash creation, not just MX but Flash in general. I've read a lot of tutorials and have worked feverishly for the past week learning and creating and whatnot. Now I'm stuck and can't find anything discussing this. So please bear with me, I'm eager to learn!
    I've got a text box that access a remote TXT file for the content, and it works (yay). Problem is, I want to use it with a scrollbar. The scrollbar DOES show up, but it doesn't scroll. Clicking the arrows don't work, and the bar remains grey. I'm using the scrollbar found under the Flash UI Components menu, by the way. The scrollbar does work when I manually type in the text in Flash, though. Just not when using remote text. And yes, I've made sure the text field is "scrollable" in the right click menu.
    I'm not so sure I even understand myself here, so I uploaded the file in question. It's at http://www.enriquegarcia.net/text.swf ... and the FLA file is the same, but with .fla.
    Also, when the file first uploads I see "_level0.text" before the real text shows up. Is there any way to remove that?

OHMIGOD! YES! thank you SOOO much, this has made my day. in case anyone is wondering, what i wanted to do was use my CGI blog script (greymatter) to update text within flash (the latest 3 entries), hence the remote text access, and the scrollbar to keep the text within the frame. if anyone cares to see what this looks like, go on over to http://www.enriquegarcia.net/flash.html . THANKS AGAIN!

Your very welcome.