A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: strange error

when i export my flash files as movies i get the following:

Symbol= ScrollPane, Layer=Actions, Frame=1: Line 1: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
    #initclip 2

Symbol= ScrollPane, Layer=Actions, Frame=1: Line 315: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
    #endinitclip

Symbol= ScrollBar, Layer=Actions : Class, Frame=1: Line 1: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
    #initclip 1

Symbol= ScrollBar, Layer=Actions : Class, Frame=1: Line 369: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
    #endinitclip

Symbol=FUIComponent, Layer=Actions: Class, Frame=1: Line 1: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
    #initclip 0

Symbol=FUIComponent, Layer=Actions: Class, Frame=1: Line 349: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
    #endinitclip

what is all this?

What version of flash are you using, you didn't state that.

i use flash mx and i save all my files in flash 5 format since they tend not to work when you save them in flash 6

Actually... scrub that last one

I thought you might be trying to use flash mx stuff in a flash 5, but there's no way you could get all the components not to produce errors... You must be using mx

All i could think right now is that in your publish settings you have the export to flash version as something other than 6?

...and i've just seen your reply

Yeah, the components you are using (scrollbars, scrollpanes) can only be used in flash 6, they were never in flash 5, so you'll have to export to version 6 if you want to keep them, or make your own for version 5...

What do you mean be tend to not work?

what is a scrollbar and scrollpane? as far as i know i have only made buttons.

right now i am trimming the site down, therefore i cant show you how it looks.

the site is up now...www.heresy.tk

cant figure out what it is that doesnt work.

Scrollbars in flash mx are new "components". In flash 5 if you had a text field that was too small for the text you put in it, to make the field scrollable you had to make yourself a scrollbar by using various scripts. These new components are built in things, so if you need a scollable area , or drop down box etc, you can simply drag one into your movie, ready to use.

There should be a few ones in the components menu (F11). But they need flash mx to work...

When you say you've only used buttons, did you make them yourself? Or did you use the "push button" component that comes with mx? If you just make your own, then they should work as flash 5.

Look in your library (Ctrl+L) and if there is any component folders in there that you know you arn't using in your flash movie, try deleting them... although if they aren't being used, they shouldn't be included... hmm.

Reading back, this isn't really a help... just try looking for the actionscript on a layer called "Actions" and see what's there, if you are sure you haven;t used components, then delete the actionscript.. (please back up your original file though just in case )