A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Save form from flash as.....

Help help help,

I would like to create a Form in Flash MX and want to be able to save the output in any kind of format such as CSV, HTML preferably XML, is there anyway to do so? If so I want this file to reside on specific folder on my local C drive....

What kinda script I should look at?

Thank you for all helps, most appreciated.....

Peddie

to write files you're gonna need some type of middleware - php, asp, cfm, etc! - and have the middleware running on your local machine - see the tutes here at flashkit about getting apache and php working on your local computer

cheers
    henry

So that involve setting web server on your local machine then? The thing I try to not install server on the local machine because this CD Rom will go to at least 50 of my customers that are not computer literate..... is there anything like write variable into text file or something like that, I saw in Flash 5 Tutorial but not on MX.....

Any ideas please?

Hi,

you could still put a webserver onto the cdrom - check http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=218890 - unlike other designs it can be used if the recipient is not running windows

Musicman

It looks like you have to pay to use it isnt it?
    Is there anything free? I know it sounds terrible but I want to know if it works before I pay if you could help me plz

Thank you very muc

Hi,

It looks like you have to pay to use it isnt it?
    I will gladly accept a barrel of beer, or - even better - some of the magic drink made by miraculix

This software is free, and so is the underlying perl - the only options even mentioned in this thread that are not free are asp and cf

Musicman