A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: load movie over a background image

HELP>>>ACTIONSCRIPT DICTIONARY
    Oh yeah just a side note.. when you do load that flyer_01 image in, and then try to go to any other flyer, you will only ever see the flyer_01 image, in your movie's current state.. that is because the flyer_01 image is now sitting over the other images.. Once you get all your images working the way the first one does, they will replace each other.

You dig?

Smile

yay!!!!

IT WORKED ANTIBODY!!!!

I changed the path to _root.dropright.droppic and it worked, thank you, thank you, and thank you ALL for helping me out! I am a happy happy happy person!!!!

http://www.insomniacdesign.com/swf/dp.swf

It totally works! A cyber round of beers for everyone (and a non-alcholic beverage for pkghost!!!)

Cheers again!
    Jag :-)

I want them to replace each other anyhow, it's all good!

Yay!! /me gulps down the cyber-pint. Thank ye lass!!

Until next time eh?

I want them to replace each other anyhow, it's all good!
    That's what I figger'd.

Keeper of Brooms and Jars
    Hey... doesn't hurt to ask, lol. But no actually I don't drink (alcoholism in the family), and probably won't for a long time after college, and even then only very cautiously. Anyway, looks like antibody hit the nail on the head. I was *sort of* headed in that direction... *Grumbles at being beat to the solution*. I have two quick Q's though. One, does anyone know how to change the memory allotted to a program on a pc? I know how to do it on a mac using get info... And two, when you load an swf, is there anyway to give it an instance name? That would make some things a lot easier... Anyway, glad things are starting to clear up. Happy Flashing.

*edit*

I need to cut down on the 'anyway's...

Funnily enough I don't know how to assign more mem to applications on the PC.

As to assigning instance names to loaded .swf's, as soon as you load an .swf into a movieclip, the loaded movie inherits that clips properties, including its instance name.

Anyway l8r

Keeper of Brooms and Jars
    Thanks antibody. Shmeed, id like to say 'glad to be of help' but i didn't do much besides provide a little non-alcoholic humor. Anyway, good to hear things are on the right track. Happy Flashing.

good for you pkghost! Glad to know you are being smart with the drinking and you did help! The mere support was help enough, carry on with all the good work! I don't have a clue about allocating mem on a PC, gosh MACs can be so simple....

Happy Flashing to you all!

Banned
    Just a simple thought here...

This whole issue of allocating more memory, probably only ever came up because when we loaded your files on our PCs, we got this warning about having to allocate more memory to Flash, message I've never seen in 3 years of using Flash!

My guess is that this is a problem on your side only, but that this message is somehow incrusted in your files and thus, shows up on our PCs. We don't have Finders, and certainely cannot allocate more memory through it!
    Would Macs not be that simple after all?

If you allow me the analogy, I see the PC vs the Mac as the Man vs the Woman: http://odin.prohosting.com/~oldnew/M...he%20woman.jpg (Copy & Paste in the address bar - won't link directly!)

Although I guess you would reverse that!

Have a great Mac day! And I'll have my normal PC day!