dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Dynamic Photo Album, Possible?

I've recently created a nice dynamic text flash movie that called html files and therefore made an easily updatable site for even people without flash. Now I want somewhat of the same thing, but in a type of Photo Album. I want a dynamic text box to look at a file at pull of different "Site" names, because the pictures will be in different catergories. From there I want it to look into a folder and display all the pictures in that folder in either a scrollable left to right box or something with next and back buttons. If it's possible to create a photo album without setting a static destination for each picture but instead say pull up all these pictures from a folder then please tell me. That is the basis of my idea and if that's possible then I can do this. Thanks. Sorry so long.
    -Mike

In web, you can either use PHP/ASP to read the directories which hold the photos or use a text file to hold the list of the files.

In local mode, you can use LPFlashEx to read the file list of folders or you can also use text file.

a LPFlashEx photo slide show sample :
    http://www.lpflashex.com/dl/SlideShow.zip (56KB)
    copy some jpg into the photo subfolder and publish the fla to EXE to test.