A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] Alpha Fade Script?

Both of my MC's fade in and out at the same time. I only adjusted img2's actions to:

onClipEvent (load) {
    this._alpha = 0;
    }
    onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
    if (!this.all_faded_in) {
    _root.fadeIn(this);
    } else {
    _root.fadeOut(this);
    _root.fadeIn("_root.img3");
    }
    }

Any suggestions?

Darn. I was hoping I'd be able to get through this without having to actually use all that code myself. Let me create a .fla using all of this and see if I can debug. I'll get back to you soon.

What is your hourly charge AZ? How's my credit?

Your credit's fine, and the hourly rate (for Flashkit boards when I've got time...) is nil. For real work off these boards, it goes up a little...

AZ, Would you like me to post the .fla?

Great idea. Thanks.

Hey there, dhamer, it seems that your domain doesn't allow direct linking of files. Put up an HTML page on your site that has a link to the .fla. That should do the trick.

Thanks

Shoot, it worked for me. Try this.
    http://www.synaweb.com/flash/america/america.fla

Hey dhamer, why don't you use my script that I explained in the zooming in on disc drives thread, it pretty simpel to use no?

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=361633

Xeno.

I'm not sure that I would know how to modify it to fit my current situation. Any reading references?

Well, I created the code myself so I don't really have a tutorials for it yet

But lemme give it a try okay, as I understand you have 21 pictures that you want to fade in and out accordingly, that can be done with the code easly, problem here is that you'd have to push a button each time, so, I think we can do that by setting a variable with a timer, only thing is, how do we make a timer, somthing that count like 2 seconds and then changes a variable...

Xeno.

Wait maybe this can help:

What is we let a variable count up itself with a simpel loop and then say when it reaches 20 fade in/fade out, when it reaches 40 fade in/ fade out, and so on, that should work, no?

Xeno

Not sure that I follow?

Ok, how do I make the alpha fade for gradually?
    Take a look at the fla I posted earlier, you will see the fade.

I did it with my code It will just add up or pull of 10% of the aplha on each run, so when you set the alpha from 100 to 0 it will decrease in steps of 10% per pass. And the rest is just triggering the "alpa" variables of the different pictures from the timer.

Is this what you wanted?

Xeno.

Sorry Xeno, I am very new to this. I understood what the other code was doing. We named a set of functions on a seperate layer. We then called that those functions in our movie clips.

Let me take a sec to pick apart the code and find out exactly what does what.