A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: GlasJAZZ music website

Cool

hi there,

been working on this site and need some feedback on the various navigation systems, general layout, and overall feel!!!

ITS ALL IN EARLY STAGES, so dont worry too much about inactive links ...

Music section is 70% ready!

any comments and suggestions V appreciated!

http://www.glasjazz.co.uk

[Edited by glasjazz on 08-13-2002 at 09:03 AM]

Nice site. I love jazz, and I look forward to seeing more content. As far as look & feel, I'd personally like to see more of an eclectic look... the interface is a bit out of the ordinary which works nicely for the subject, but the visuals are a bit "flat" Maybe incorporate some original art or photography. Plus all text tends to run together, all white on dark. I cant really tell what's clickable and whats not.

good colors. Color composition can be challenging, but you seem to have knocked it out quite nicely. The links on the left (with their rapid flashing of pictures) seem to not match with the mood of the rest of the site. That's the first thing I would check out.

_______
    rush!
    http://www.mirage-studios.com

Thnks for the suggestions !

How was the 'music' section? and did the audio samples work ok for most of the albums?

Cheers again
    G
    http://www.glasjazz.co.uk

The only thing I can suggest changing is the font for the text, it's too small and difficult to read + times doesn't really fit with the rest of the look of the site.
    Other that that I quite like the look

It is hard to read the text below the links on the left hand side of the screen.

i think the site looks great so far, and i like the flashing rollovers on the buttons. as far as to listening to the music, have you considered putting together your own player for them? that way it wouldn't be necessary to save the file before listening, but that's just me. the only thing i think is missing is something to fill the open spaces on a couple of the jumps, because the empty space seems to flatten things out when there's a lot of it. otherwise things look very slick.

whats with all the text on the splash, if its for search engines why not hide them...

nice site, kinda quite for a music site but that's ok

"what do you find under the kilt of a macdonald?" , "a quarter pounder" heheh, get it, the site is from scotland so it's funny... ok never mind

back to bed