dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Is it posible to stream a loaded movie in level 2?

The thing is im working in a huge movie with videos in it and if i publish with the music in it it gets pretty slow, so i tried making another movie with the music and load it as level 2 PERFECT, now how can i make it stream with the main movie??
    Thanx.

Banned
    Do you mean in sync with the main movie, and without preloading both of them? And starting them in sync?

Do you mean in sync with the main movie, and without preloading both of them? And starting them in sync?

Yep, in sync, i did a preload in the main movie, so i dont know how that works, the sound starts (loads) at frame 3 (the first frame after the preload) so you see it starts with the main movie.

Banned
    Well if you preloaded the level 2 movie in the main movie's preloader, and it's stopped ready to play, just add a play(); action or a gotoAndPlay(2); action on the first frame of your main movie.

_level2.gotoAndPlay(2);

Guess the sound should be in the main movie and set as stream, so that the speed is steady and video forced to follow the framerate. Hope you designed it this way, because depending on your video complexity, you might get an out of sync problem.