A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: having a problem with Goto command.

Lightbulb

Ahhh, i figured it out =) No need for help.

For those wondering how i did it, i read a tutorial on flashplanet.com about variables and figured that instances had to work the same way, so i just typed 'Tell Target "../mainmovie" Goto and play 105'

The trick was the ../ That tells the script to go back to the main menu and read the instance from there =)

-Russ

Okay, here's the deal, i'll try to explain this as best i can.

I've got a dropdown menu. I have a button, then the button plays the movie for the dropdown effect. It works great! Here's the problem, within the dropdown movie i have another button that is SUPPOSED to make the main movie go to frame 105. The problem is, when i say "Goto frame 105" on the button within the movie it makes the movie goto frame 105 and not the main movie.

I tried to make the main movie into an instance (by copying the frames into another movie and placing it on the scene and assigning an instance name to it), but when i go to the dropdown movie and say "Tell Target 'mainmovie' Goto and Play 105", there is no instance name "mainmovie" in the expression editor thing.

I hope that made SOME sort of sense...

PLEASE HELP!

-Russ