A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: early stages site check

http://seeminglyawake.net/kyle/preacher.html

i'm making this for a band, and i just want to get some opinions before i get too deep in it.

the intro thing is just something i played with, it will be changed alot. i mainly just want some opinions on the sections, the nav, etc.

very nice,
    I loved the scratchy effect in the intro text, although the whole thing took a bit to load considering how long it was
    plus the last two nav options dont have any effect on mouse over, but I suppose the first three get the point across

Beedge

yea i havnt compressed any of it at all yet, i'm gonna wait till i'm done for that.

more comments please

nice start!

i think that you may want to play with the timing a bit on the intro... seems to drag... didn't have any load time issues - but i also didn't see any loaders... always a good idea....

i like the general layout - you seem to use a lot of your space on that upper portion, and i think that you might be able to use it a little better... not bad though.

as far as the meat of the site - you said you are still working on it... well, i would sugest breaking things up a bit. instead of having all the info in those text boxes..

the calendar thing is a big one, too - having done a few band sites and being a musician myself , the calendar is really important thing! i think that it deserves a little more room than what you have given...

pictures are a great way to promote the band too - unless they're all ugly - i have a client that i can't use his face on cause his managers don't think his face will sell his music - kind of a funny story....

anyway - great start... just think you need to tighten up a few loose ends and really start thinking about how the information presents itself aas it relates to the nature of the site itself... music is a tricky thing to promote - good luck!

BTW: i like your transition curtain!

=D

Wow! I liked all the affects. Didn't hear any sound, though. The loading time was incredibly, .5 seconds on a cable modem!

Great Job!

Sinner
    I liked the site but i do agree that you need a preloader, nice transitions between buttons.

thank you for the comments.

as i said, its very early wich explains the lack of sounds, and pics, and preloader, and the intro is faaar from finished. but i will keep your comments in mind. and thanks again!

JAyzEE
    Thats is really classic work.