dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: FCalender

Thumbs up

Has anyone used the Calender component (UI Set 2). I'm using it in a mc that I attach after a button press. My problem is that is running the change handler on what seems to be a mousemove event, not a mouseclick, so its being unloaded without the proper selection being made.
    Has onyone come across this before? And how do I sort it out?

Cheers guys

His Flashy Highness
    I'm not sure I exactly understand what you are trying to do and what the problem is. Could you give a bit more detail?

But here is another question -- also about the calendar component: I wonder if it's possible to change the background color of days based on some data I might have -- for example -- in an array. Then I could mark days etc. Then this component would be really useful. I've tried to dig a bit into the component code but it was a bit over my head with the short time I got for this...

Juggle5

More infor

More info, ok. I press a button, which then attaches the calender component to an empty mc. The first time I do this, the calender seems fine. However when I press the button again and the calender comes up again, as soon as I move the mouse to try to select something, it runs the onchange function which on finishing removes the mc.

Thanks for the help

Just wondering if you ever were able to find an answer to your questin. I'm trying to do exactly the same thing...change the look of certain dates that have events attached to them.

Any suggestions?

His Flashy Highness
    Just wondering if you ever were able to find an answer to your questin. [/QUOTE]

Well, I never found a real answer, but in the meantime I understand Flash components better than I did back then. Now, I'm pretty confident it's doable, but it would be a lot of work. Most of it would involve understanding how exactly the component works internally (i.e. reading a lot of code) which is pretty tedious, I think. It might be easier to just take one of the older calendar smart clips that are out there and extend those or to build a component based on one of these...

Juggle5

I read the FCalendar class code and it was like 17 pages.