A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] Quality of Movie

I am making a slideshow in flash, and the quality of the movie changes on it's own as I play the movie. There is one part where there are processor-intensive graphics...i.e. actionscript generated duplicate alpha fades by loops...and right when that part plays, the movie automatically switches to low quality so everything afterward looks like sh*%. Anyways, is there anyway to force my movie to remain high quality or do I just need to remove some stuff from the movie at that point? I don't care about forcing my movie to become a little choppy...it really defeats the purpose of making this slide show if it is going to turn low quality by itself.

THX N ADVANCE

Standrard flasher
    have you changed the export settings? if you hit file > export settings you can the change the image quality to 100 (default is 50). You can also edit the propertis of the images that appear on the stage. just right click them in the library and put the quality up to 100. This might make the movie slow down att the part where the more complex graphics appear. If so try preloading the so called "spikes", that is, preloading the graphics, sounds, etc, that take up the most space. find the tutorial here:

http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Ti...55/index.shtml

erik

Thanks,

I'll try that...

One problem...

The movie that has the intense graphics that is causing my screen to go to low quality is loaded externally with the load movie command. I don't know if that makes a difference, but when I right-clicked and went to properties, I couldn't adjust the quality of the movie. I'm using Flash MX. Also, this isn't a JPEG, so I don't think adjusting JPEG quality in publish settings would help. About the preloading--would that work for this even though it's not being played on the web? I'm just playing this on a computer through a projector.

I hope somebody can help with this...

T-Bone