A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: problem: can someone help me?

problem: flash 5 does not allow me to drag symbols from the library to the stage or somewhere else. they hop back. this problem occured two weeks ago after I had worked with the programm for more than a year. I have no idea how to stop this behaviour.

Can someone help me, please?

Try trashing Flash's preferences.
    Also, have you updated to Flash 5.0a?
    You can get the update free from macromedia.
    One other thing; keep the sound panel closed unless you need to use it, and then only opne it when you need.

thank you for the upgrade-tip.

I trashed everything connected with flash incl. the preferences and reinstalled flash. did not help.

problem also occures sometimes not. in these cases the applications runs normal for a few minutes but then returnes suddenly back to "problem-modus"

I suspect that some software conflicts or the system-configuration causes it but cant remember major changes nor installed new software recently.

Have you installed any new fonts recently?
    Also f you have ATM upgrade it to the latest version.

Fonts use up a lot of RAM and corrupt easily, and when they do they mess everything up. Try stripping your fonts folder down to the minimum you need.

halleluja

many thanks and unlimited respect to You, me2222. this might be exactly what I looked for! As soon as I finished my ongoing job I'll try the proposed solutions.

I'll tell You next week if it worked.

Thank again, man.

another good idea would be to rebuild your desktop - most people forget to do that and it can greatly improve your computer's performance.

just hold down option+command before the last extension loads on startup.

if you still have bad luck, try doing complete reinstall - it's a bit drastic, but i do it every 6 months or so and it keeps everything purring like a kitten!