dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: _level0

Let's say you have a swf call holder. now in holder I am building an array. I use the following.
    Code:
    _level0.urlArray = new Array();
    _level0.urlArray[1] = "bob";
    ok now I am loading the holder.swf into another swf called builder like this
    Code:
    loadMovie("holder.swf",_level0.inHere);
    inHere is an empty MC on the main stage. Now if I try to reference the array from inside the holder.swf it should be like this
    Code:
    mytest=_level0.urlArray[1];
    since I am in the swf that holds the array I use level0 instead of _root Right? That is how I reference any normal MC from the holder.swf. Now if I use this
    Code:
    mytest=_level0.inHere.urlArray[1];[/
    to get the value it works. Should I need to use the inHere ref? If I reference a normal clip in the same situation I just use _level0. Am I doing something wrong? or is this some wiered issue with arrays?

Any help appreciated very much!
    Thanks

HELP>>>ACTIONSCRIPT DICTIONARY
    If you do a trace and see _level0.urlArray in your List Variables, then you are doing something wrong. What you are doing wrong I cannot say, but if you define a variable as _level0.urlArray then that is where it lives.

I tried making a sample using your instructions and I had exactly the opposite of your conundrum.

_level0.urlArray[1]; //worked

and

_level0.inHere.urlArray[1]; //did not

as it should be.

Good Luck!

Antibody: Thanks for taking the time to test it. I appreciate it much. I will check the code again. Thanks again!