A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I'm PAYING if someone helps me....

resolved

This is my problem:

I want to import a film clip into Flash but its file format must be in Windows AVI. Is this possible? If it is then please help me. I'm really desperate now. My boss is expecting me to come up with a solution.

If it is not, then how do I import other film format without using QuickTime?

whats your flash version?

flash mx supports avi import, but I have a feeling u have flash 5

if you have the time and the resources, u could try importing the avi in a video editing program and export the movie as a jpg sequence, and import those in flash, but that could become quite large if its a long videoclip

Hi:

Try searching Google, or another engine for "AVI Decomposer." I think it is still free, and it will take an AVI and break it down into .jpg images, frame by frame, which can then be imported into Flash. Just be sure to recompress the images using PhotoShop, PSP, etc., before import.

James
    He is risen!!!

Originally posted by jamescover
    Hi:

Try searching Google, or another engine for "AVI Decomposer." I think it is still free, and it will take an AVI and break it down into .jpg images, frame by frame, which can then be imported into Flash. Just be sure to recompress the images using PhotoShop, PSP, etc., before import.

James
    He is risen!!!
    And make sure you use the "Automate" - Batch Processing features in Photoshop otherwise you will be there for EVER. Need any help with that then PM me. I think the features are only in Photoshop 7. I am probably wrong though, I never used them before that version.

WP

http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar
    Download the free trial of flash mx (I think it's still available on the macromedia website) Import it still in avi

And your Done

I'm moving this to Flash Video.

Wildform Moderator
    Hi.
    If you are using Flash MX you can import an AVI directly.
    If you are using Flash 3-5 you can import a sequence of images as described above. You can also check out our software Flix which can create an importable Flash 3-5 SWF.
    If you are asking about working with an AVI in Flash and keeping it in the AVI format, you can't do that. But you can export an AVI from Flash.
    jb
    http://www.wildform.com