A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: why protected audio

do you know why some quick time files audio are protected and some not. I converted the video in imovie to qiucktime, didn't have much setting choices, i have done it before and it worked.

any sugestion its a small 30 sec video clip i just need to get it into my flash script?

i am limmited to programs

Wildform Moderator
    Hi.
    Some Quicktime files are protected at the time of creation by the author of the video - you can create an .mov with protected audio (this was implemented with Quicktime 5 - and if you have Quicktime 4 the audio protection does not work). This is often done with trailers and other files that people want to protect in some way. If the audio is protected, the only you will be able to get it out is to first convert the file into another format.

jb
    http://www.wildform.com

converting quick time to something else

any one know of a program i can download that will allow me to convert a quicktime file to something else, to get around my protected audio problem so i can import into flash mx.

Wildform Moderator
    If you install Quicktime 4 your Flash MX will probably pick up the audio.
    If you're looking for free software, you can probably use the Windows Media encoder, but then you're converting it into .wmv which is not a good format to use for future conversion.
    If you're willing to pay for software, there are a lot of other programs you can use.

jb
    http://www.wildform.com

how would i get quick time4.

i know if i go to apple.com i can get version6.