A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] fscommand "exec" bug on MX?

EMERGENCY! Badly need ur help about MX fscommand!

hi, i noticed that flash mx fscommand "exec" is not working. I usually do a lot of stand alone presentations and publishing them as an exe file. But when I used flash MX it can't call other "exe" files that I created in Flash. I copied the same code and publish it at Flash 5 and it works. What might be causing the problem?

One more bug, this time its Flash 5 and MX, fscommand "fullscreen" not like in Flash 4 that opens the window on fullscreen mode at once...flash 5 and mx tends to open a small window first before going to "fullscreen" really anoyying especially when you're loading exe flash files one after the other.

I hope you can help me Flash Masters!

It is not bug but it is new measure to prevent many misuse of the fscommand exec function.

Currently if you need to run external file, you have to put the external exe into a subfolder named fscommand in the main folder :
    X:\..\Main.exe
    X:\..\fscommand\Sub1.exe
    X:\..\fscommand\Sub2.exe

then use
    fscommand("exec","Sub1.exe");
    to run the exes.

You can also use LPFlashEx to load files from any folder and do more operation on the opened EXE window.
    http://www.lpflashex.com/dl/SimpleSamples.zip (58KB)
    http://www.lpflashex.com/dl/ExternalApp.zip (90KB)

Hey Thanks! I'll try it right away! Get back later!

got it man, but what if i want the exe files to call each other? (i.e. intro.exe calls mainmenu.exe (then quits--intro.exe) and mainmenu.exe can call intro.exe back again (then quits--mainmenu.exe). {vice-versa}

On the frame/button/whatever you want it to start the other one up, then quit, write these scripts:

fscommand("exec", "yourEXEhere.exe");
    fscommand("quit");

If you want to call each other, you better use LPFlashEx "exec" action to run becasue it let you run program in any folder. So you can put them in same folder and let them call each other.

It is free for self use and cost US$20 to register standard version which has 40+ added function including the "exec" action.

Thanks Guys! LPFlashEx really did the job! Its kinda complicated and confusing at first... fortunately I was lucky to get it to work.

Thank you very much for the information! More power!

LPFlashEx

Is there such a thing as a Mac equivalent of this? I know this LPFlashEx is for PC only, but unfortunately, I have to work on a Mac. Does anybody know any Mac solution to this problem?