A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: SwiSH frustration

Heeeelp!!! I have spent all afternoon trying in vain to get SWiSH or FLASH to import into FrontPage2000!!! I have published FLASH files as instructed and still NOTHING shows up in FPage except empty boxes. I tried SWiSH HTML as well and I just get the background but no text!!! I preview in my browser (IExplorer) and still get nothing! If I just go into IExplorer by itself and open these files, they are fine! But I can't get them into FrontPage at all!! Obviously I'm an idiot and I'm missing something here!!! I previously tried other web editors and got the same lackluster results!!! Is there somehting I have to do with the code manually? yes,..these are all legal copies. Any help for a beginner is greatly appreciated and will not be forgotten. Thanks!!

TPhilip,

It is really simple. In FrontPage 2000 (and 97,98 I assume)

1. Select from the Insert menu: Advanced, Plug-in.
    2. Click on the Browse button to locate your swish (or any flash created .swf).
    3. Set the height and width properties
    4. Preview

Hope this helps
    Mitch

P.S. I answered your other post regarding an alternative to MM's Flash. Check the post.

TPhilipDolce,

I hope Mitch's Front Page advice helped, if not, the only thing I can think of is to check the path for the swi/swf file. Really make sure you're pointing your code to the file.

Let us know how you got on.

Cheers

Andrew