A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Who's the Freelancer???????

I call myself as Freelancer. But sorry to say that i don't know the mean of Freelancing.

I thought it's easy to be a Freelancer, I found that it's not my cup of tea.

What a Freelancer do?
    Completing work on Commitment or Wasting time irresponsibly

How freelancers deal with Clients?
    They explain their ability to clients or look continuosly at them like duffer.

Today, when i'm posting, I feel myself failure because my lack of confidence and no personal development made me lost the job.

I dont know how to react with my clients, As I'm a good Flash designer but as less talkative and don't know to explain things properly, I almost lost two important projects.

Please Suggest what to do...... I'm Helpless

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    There's no reason to feel as though you're a failure, simply because you found out that being a freelance site designer was not for you. It's a very competitive market, saturated with talent, so it's easy to lose contracts, and losing contracts can 1) leave you short of cash and 2) destroy your confidence. People everywhere are desperate to get a slice of the action, and will underbid you at every opportunity, again taking your customers and undermining your business.

Anyway, all is not lost. At least you can say that you had a go at freelancing, something which many people would be too lazy or too afraid to do - and there's still things that you can find to do with your flash skills, especially if you can get into a company which needs your talents - probably the best way to go, as then they'll line up your customers for you.

Hi Hurricaneone,

Thanks for replying, I agree with what you say that its easy to loose contracts, but hurricaneone, Still I feel that there is something missing in me which stops things to get in my favour. May be I need a clever additional mind to get in this market.

Your suggestion smells a Confidence and Inspiration.

Thanks Again....

tell me, is this sellable..... OddDog's Avatar
    vicky maybe think of getting a sales person to deal with the clietns for you.

Originally posted by OddDog
    vicky maybe think of getting a sales person to deal with the clietns for you.
    This is not a bad idea. You don't even have to pay them as such - you could offer a percentage of the money you make from their leads (give them 20% say?). It could even be someone you know thats a good communicator.

As for your own skills, they can be developed. Practice makes perfect You could even read a few self help books if thats your thing (I know they're not everyones cup of tea but I can recommend anything by tony robbins - they worked wonders for me!).

If your flash work's good enough then your portfolio/website will do most of the talking for you. When you speak to clients just be to the point, whether it be on prices, details of the project or the price of fish.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Originally posted by gecko2
    If your flash work's good enough then your portfolio/website will do most of the talking for you. When you speak to clients just be to the point, whether it be on prices, details of the project
    or the price of fish.
    You must be thinking of Fishkit.com

[/sorry]

tell me, is this sellable..... OddDog's Avatar
    hahahaha

i liked that one

Exclamation

it's easy to lose contracts
    i have had that by my first client when i stared out as freelancer now i thy want!!!
    if thy are intressed i let we talk some other day about the design and i let them sign a contract so when the deal is made thy cant resign but when you let them sign a contract make sure if you have set a deadline on the paper you ik it ready @ the date (if nothing change's) else thy can charge you hope this helps

Greets Teckniel