A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: what do you think about...?

resolved

Hi my name is Sjors and I created a Flash site for my own. I'm still a student and I know I have to learn much more to become like some flash designers on the web. But I just want to know what you think of my site. The portofolio is not ready jet, some thing will be removed some things will be added en some things are coming. I want your opinion. Thanks

the link:

http://www2.hku.nl/~sjors2/site/

Great job bro! I like the style a lot. I am not sure why you wouldn't call yourself a flash designer. I see flash... I see design. To tell you the truth there is not much more then that.

Pros:
    - I like the splash page
    - Great color combo and image quality
    - Nice portfolio work.
    - Motion is great

Cons:
    - You have plus signs beside your program skills. How many plus signs is it out of? 3, 5, 200?
    - Some of the text is hard to read.

Well thank you for your comment. Maybe I have to be honoust to myself and can I say that I'm a webdesigner. But when I look what other people make on this board. But I'm convinced that I will get there to it only will take time and a lot of work. Thanks.

That's a very well done site .. Your design and the animation are perfect. Not to long not to quick just find.

There is only two litle thing.

1. you should have an out animation played before you switch to the other section. Having the content disapear is kind of suck's since your animation are so great.

2. You can click on a buton of a section when your in that section ...And you should have an indicator on the button telling you in wish section your in..

That is a very well design site ... Since your design and animation are so great you may consider working with a developper. From there you could deliver top quality web site ...

Congrat for the well done site...

P.s.. I may have a litle movie to help you with the animation out thing ...email me at flashkit@totalcaps.com

good site!

real nice graphics & pictures,
    animations could be better (aside from the page buildup anim and the vectorized movie on 'about me', both are great)
    some colour combinations make the text hard to read (/ refers to contact page)

it's a good setup. but needs a little more attention to details imho.

Thank you all. I'm currently busy with some changes on my site. Thank you for your tips. Does anybody knows how I can call an variable wich is standing in the root, into a movieclip.

Thanks

from the root:
    myclip.myvar=myvar;

from the clip:
    myvar=_parent.myvar;

from anywhere:
    _root.myclip.myvar=_root.myvar;

thank you I will try to change my site. I will let you know when it's ready. Thanks

I changed my site. I like it, it much better this way. I had a few problems with the buttons and lots of other stuff but finally i did it. Thanks everybody for your help. Are there other things wich could be better. Maybe I can change them to. Thanks.

hi

(ah een noorderbuur!

hey dude nice site
    like you graphics, you got a nice atmosphere in your
    site , don't find that very often

good job
    david

RIDER
    looks good,
    you have some cool animations that seems original due to your style. Try to stay there. As for "the image of you, even though it functions well and looks smooth it's been done many times...Like I said, stay with your own style and you'll feel better about your self.

cool!