A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] the scanline look

Cow Icon

hello, i've got a problem with the scanline graphic treatment. i created this bar with the scanline look, and it looks great at 1024x768, but at 800x600 the lines aren't even. what can i do to solve this? the scanlines are 2px tall, with a 4px gap between, then i used a gausian blur of 1 px to smooth.

Here's a stupid question? What program are you using, and also what are you using to view the image at the different resolutions?

scanlines

i used photoshop initially to create the graphic. in terms of resolution, i created a simple html doc with 100% params to fill the swf in the entire browser window. when i view the site with a screen res of 1024x768, the graphic looks the way it was intended, but when i change to 800x600, it looks pretty bad. check it out here to see what i'm talking about:

http://www.real-estate-postcards.com...ard/index.html

also, you'll notice that the text gets blurred at 800x600, do you know why and what i can do to fix this? thanx for your help!

Yeah, I see what you're talking about.... hmmmm.... This isn't an easy one because the problem lies in the way that flash scales your images. Only suggestion I could give you would be to stick with one resolution. get your move to 775 x 550, and leave it centered on the page, and it should look good in any resolution. Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear, hopefully someone else has a better solution for you.

thanks for your help, the way i found out about the sizing was through turtle shell, you ever heard of that? this designer gave these specs to follow when designing a movie that is supposed to fill the browser window and i have been using them as a guideline, basically the movie is 780x440.

i really appreciate your help, thanx.

Post answer?

You will have to draw the lines in flash as vectors because the image wil only look right in the resolution in it's origional dimensions. when you scale it by a percentage it changes dimension and has to cut bits out to do it.

Hope that helped

ok, i figured that would be the end result, the buttons i originally created in illustrator, the photoshoped them before flash, but eventualy, i had to just flash them because of a similar problem, i thought it would be different in this case because it was just lines and not curves. thanks to everyone for your help!