A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Pop up DW window from flash

This could be possibly my last question for a while...its the only problem I have thats in the way of me relaunching my site, when I relaunch it I will post a link here so you can see what you have been helping me do over the last 2 weeks.

Anyway the problem is something I posted earlier about how to open a Dreamweaver window from Flash AT A CERTAIN SIZE,

someone said I should use this code with the "Get URL" action,

javascript:newWindow=window.open('pagename.html',' newWin','width=400,height=300');void(0);"

I typed ALL of that and it wouldn't work, am I not supposed to type ALL of it? (I know about having to change "pagename" to my own custom name)...can anyone see what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

I dont know how you did it but the button should have an action something like this:

on(release) {
    geturl("javascript:window.open('pagename.html','ne wWin','width=400,height=300');void(0);");
    }

Yeah thanks mate, you posted that last time I asked but it seems to make a complicated task of a simple problem. All I want is to change the size, I tried filling in the mass of details but all I get is a page that looks like their own where as I am wanting my own window to to open up with my files on it.

Can you explain how to use it to get what I want?

Or if anyelse knows of a simple action script?

nepdude, yeah i have done that but theres something wrong with the code

that always works for me.

What exactly is the error?

I PASTE in the code, but when tested the new pop up window does not display anything, its just clear white. It doesn't say it cannot find it, it just does nothing.

recheck! looks like the .swf file inside the html file is not correctly embedded. The pop-up is working correctly. There is something wrong with the html somewhere.
    Open the file on its own (not from the flash button). See if it opens ok. My guess is that it does the same even if opened directly.

I tried but it opens fine. Is there not a more simple action script to do such a task?

Also I use "on press" rather than "on release", this isn't the problem is it?

thanks

I hope you tried by opening the html file that contains the swf and not the .swf file itself.

onpress / onrelease is the same in this case.

hold on - the file I am opening is a HTML file BUT it doesn't have a swf. file?

Got it to work at last!, only problem now is that my pop up has scroll bars!, could you edit the code so that it has no scroll bars please?

thanks!

In the HTML of the popped page, Inside the body tag use this:

scroll=no

You need to put it in the opening body tag:

<body scroll=no>

Sorry I edited your reply instead of replying

Edited by estudioworks