A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: bitmap images in flash...LOTS of them

Hello

yes yes, i know, putting bitmaps into flash is a headache i shouldn't even ask for, but i'm working on a huge demo presentation of a bunch of systems that require screenshots and animated cursors and the like. the problem is i just can't make the bitmaps look good....they look like crap no matter what i do. is there a solution to this? is there any way to fix them as batches? there are literally hundreds of images and the piece is ten minutes long...going through image by image would take me forever....

seems i'm in a quandary...

any suggestions??

petra

Here's soem suggestions from MM:
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...agequality.htm

I suugest importing the imgaes as loss less PNG (24 Bit)or a loss less jpeg. You can always set the compession from with in Flash.

As for batching in Flash, no I donlt think you can do a batach update. Not sure. You can, however, update each image by right clinking the icaon and selecting update.
    Note that all images will have to be in same pathway/directory. You'll need to overwrite the old files.

Oaky, I'm abck. You can update all of the image files at once. Just selct them all at the same time. Right click->update.

Never do compression before flash.
    It's recomended that you do it there in the publish settings. Do a couple of trial and errors before you go on to your project. Hope that helps.

Originally posted by johnny ringo
    Never do compression before flash.
    It's recomended that you do it there in the publish settings. Do a couple of trial and errors before you go on to your project. Hope that helps.
    agree - import them into Flash at the highest quality possible and then compress them within Flash.
    a