dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free upgrade to Swift 3D v3

Hybrid View

I wanted to let everyone know that we have officially entered the free upgrade period for Swift 3D v3. If you purchase Swift 3D v2 from this point forward until the launch of Swift 3D v3, you will recieve a free upgrade to Swift 3D v3. Swift 3D v3 will be released in early September.

We will be presenting pre-release feature announcements on FlashKit and Erain that will talk in detail on the new v3 features. I think everyone will be very excited about these new features.

- CubedFlash

Team Erain

Regular Guy
    This is most excellent news. I have a question, I'm not sure if you can answer it or not, but will their be a price increase with v3 (I would imagine there will be) ?

If so, is the price likely to double, triple, just go up by $100 or what. I am not sure whether to purchase now with the free upgrade or wait until I'm back from my holiday and then buy v3

Regards,
    Mike Mackay.

FK's resident Kungfu Master
    so if we got the v2 a long time ago, does that mean we can't get upgraded??

_
    will v3 cost more?

Ultrafusion and mikecoutermarsh,

The price of Swift 3D v3 full version will go up $10 to $169. A very modest increase for a new product release. We want to ensure that Swift 3D v3 is a reasonable priced 3D Flash product.

Swift 3D v3 upgrade version price will stay the same at $89. No price raise...can't beat that

phlegm_thrower,
    You can upgrade to Swift 3D v3 for the upgrade price mentioned above.

-CubedFlash

Team Erain

Regular Guy
    Oh wow, thats incredible. Well, I am going to wait until I get back from Ibiza (middle of Sept), then I will purchase Swft 3D v3 + Optimaze together.

Thanks Erain !! You guys are great !! Wooo Hoooooo

Regards,
    Mike Mackay.

We just bought Swift 3D in June for $159.

I believe there should be a better upgrade price than $89 for recent purchasers. We have not even used it on a project yet and now, if we upgrade, the product is costing us $248!

hmmm... for me, it'll be $159.00 + $89.00 + $89.00... dude, you're coming out cheaper than I am.

but you KNOW I'm buying it, regardless!!

Originally posted by gerbick
    hmmm... for me, it'll be $159.00 + $89.00 + $89.00... dude, you're coming out cheaper than I am.

but you KNOW I'm buying it, regardless!!
    I'm guessing you've had the software for a little longer than 3 months. I still feel the $$$ difference is pretty high for only 3 months usage.

well. it's only $89.00... could be worse.

and it's gonna be SO worth it... you know it will...

I still feel the $$$ difference is pretty high for only 3 months usage.
    I agree - have been using the product for a couple of months and then have to shell out US$89 for an upgrade is too high.
    Erain should be rewarding its loyal followers with a lower upgrade price.

just imagine buying Maya 4.0 at 7500.00, and then the next couple of days, they drop the price to 1995.00.

sad, but true, story of a friend of mine.

like I said. could be worse.

Originally posted by gerbick
    well. it's only $89.00... could be worse.

and it's gonna be SO worth it... you know it will...
    I respect your opinion but just because it "could be worse" is not a good enough reason for me to drop my complaint; paying another $89 just 3 months after buying the software is unreasonable!

no probs.

just stating the obvious... fact of life.

'tis ok. I'll be enjoying version 3.0 the second it comes out...

lines up outside of eRain's office... rainjacket and chair in hand.

Personally, I think that erain is being irrationally generous with both the initial price and the upgrade price. For what Swift3D can do, it's a bargain and then some. I believe the program is worth far more than they ask for it. They have made a great program, have a 30-day money-back gaurantee if you are not satisfied with your purchase, and offer unparalleled support for their products. I just haven't seen this kind of value anywhere else.

I can see your points about having to pay $89 after only using it (or not using it) for a couple of months, but it all boils down to an unfortunate case of bad timing on your part. I'm sure that the new features offered by V3 will be well worth the upgrade price.

While you are upgrading, I highly recommend to everyone that you have the foresight to purchase one of the bundles that includes Optimaze!. This is a very cool and useful program that everyone who uses Flash should have at their disposal. And if you buy it now, you won't be sorry later that you didn't take the opportunity to save some money when you had the chance.

Originally posted by RUSHVision
    Personally, I think that erain is being irrationally generous ... I just haven't seen this kind of value anywhere else...
    Have a look at the Swish phenomena - an incredibly large user base and growing - and due in part that it is a fantastic program, and second it only costs $49.95! The upgrades for those of us who have been using it since version one are something like $30.
    Perhaps this is irrationally generous

I agree. That too, is irrationally generous. It does not, however, in any way diminish the value of Swift3D which I still believe is worth every penny of it's purchase price and then some.

I don't want to be seen to be beating a dead horse (I don't think that erain is going to change its policy - and I guess I'll upgrade anyway) but have a look at the number of posts to the Swish forums here - the number far outstrips those posting about Swift3D. I don't think there is any irrationality involved - its pure business sense.

Originally posted by RUSHVision
    Personally, I think that erain is being irrationally generous with both the initial price and the upgrade price. For what Swift3D can do, it's a bargain and then some. I believe the program is worth far more than they ask for it. They have made a great program, have a 30-day money-back gaurantee if you are not satisfied with your purchase, and offer unparalleled support for their products. I just haven't seen this kind of value anywhere else.

I can see your points about having to pay $89 after only using it (or not using it) for a couple of months, but it all boils down to an unfortunate case of bad timing on your part. I'm sure that the new features offered by V3 will be well worth the upgrade price.
    Don't get me wrong, I agree it is a great product. I'm just annoyed I have to pony up another $89 shortly after buying it!

BTW, in perusing your responses and examples here on the board, I'm quite impressed with your mastery of this tool! You are a real asset to those of us learning Swift 3D.

" Lets Rock ! ....... " NitroCharged's Avatar
    erain does not offer a trial version.....

swish does.....

I wonder why there are more swish users then? ......