A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] Importing from PhotoShop

I should know this, When you create a graphic in photoshop and illustrator (apply effects and such). When I import into flash the image effects are not their. What do I need to do. Also do I export as a PNG or JPG. What works with MX.
    Thanks.
    PCRIDE

You have to save as a JPEG, GIF, or PNG...among other formats...but you can't just import a PSD straight into Flash and hope it works...

You could also try this:

http://www.medialab.com/psd2fla/

I don'[t want to buy a program, When I am working with Photoshop and Illustrator to create a graphic or pic, I apply the effects I want then export it for flash. When I open the image or graphic in Flash some of the picture might be there but the effect I applied is not showing up, BUT it is outlined that it is there, flash can't display it or something. Do I need to merge all layers, flatten as you would need to in Paintshop PRO. I am not that experianced on PhotoShop in the exporting area and was wanting to know.

Just go to the file menu and save as jpeg.It will flatten it as is and not hurt your psd cause its saving a copy.