A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help - I'm New To Flash!

I have created a Flash movie with lots of sample MP3's on it to be distributed on a CD. The settings for the movie are: WIDTH: 650, HEIGHT: 500. I want the movie to be displayed NOT in a browser and with a full screen background. I can make the movie load from a full screen background using the fscommand("fullscreen", "true") but can't get the main movie to display just in a plain box - NO BROWSER. Also can't get the background movie (full screen) to close both movies - PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Ok, I'm not certain where to begin... but here goes...

On movie1 (the movie that you will make your projector file from), put the following on Frame 1:

fscommand ("allowscale", "false");
    fscommand ("fullscreen", "true");

The background color of movie1 will fill your viewer's screen. Whatever you are displaying on your movie's 650x500 "stage" area will be centered on the viewer's screen.

Use the following to load movie2 into level 0 (the main level) replacing movie1:

loadMovieNum ("movie2.swf", 0);

Make certain that you have a "Quit" button on both movies. The "Quit" button will have the following on it:

fscommand ("quit");

If you want to load movie2 on top of movie1, you can load it into a higher level with this:

loadMovieNum ("movie2.swf", 1);

Hope this helps,
    DigitalDog

Help Appreciated!

Thankyou ever so much for your help. I tried what you suggested and it worked but I have had to change the spec slightly since you pointed out that I would need two "Quit" buttons. What I now want is to just display the original movie that I have made (650 x 500) by itself not in a browser ie. no "Flie", "View", "Control", Help", "Maximise", "Minimise", "Close" options at the top. I have seen other movies do this but am struggling to find how to do it myself.

Again thankyou very much for your help!

You need to publish your movie as a projector.

In Flash under the "File>Publish Settings" menu, select the Windows and/or Macintosh projector. These will give you a self-contained stand alone application that will do what you need.

DigitalDog

Still Displaying Menu options

Hello,

Thankyou again for your reply. I tried that and created an executable, but when I open it, it is still displyed in a window with the aforementioned menu options displayed. Is it possible that it is tyhe settings on my Flash 5 player or something alopng those lines?

Thanks Adamw007.

Not exactly certain why your default projector is showing the menu, but try this on frame 1:

fscommand ("allowscale", "false");
    fscommand ("showmenu", "false");
    fscommand ("fullscreen", "true");

Thanks again

Thats brilliant, Thankyou.