A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] +++ Flash Studio PRO released! Sockets, Database, HTML and MORE! +++

Hold tight for a couple of days, we we're working on something which should improve the speed...as well as a few extra surprises. I'll let you know as soon as the update is up. Thanks for your patience.

Download the latest version 1.0.0.3 of Flash 'N Pack...
    From here: http://www.flashnpack.com/download.htm

also if you want you can test drive the latest beta version 1.0.0.4 here:
    http://www.flashnpack.com/forum

look under news section...

give it a try and see if your animation is being slowed down...
    let me know.
    [Edited by Flash 'N Pack on 09-08-2002 at 02:26 AM]

Hi FlashnPack,

It appear to me that your database support does not include SQL statement queries? Could you clarify. For example could we do "SELECT * FROM mytable WHERE age>60 LIMIT 20", or "DELETE FROM mytable" etc.

Also, I tried the browser plugin. It doesn't seem to position the way I want it.

Thanks.

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    You cant beat the support of SWF Studio. Northcode is always quick to respond on questions about his product (usually within a couple of hours). He is willing to add features to make his customers happy. He also spends more time on adding functionality to his product rather than making it pretty. Most of the other Projector Utilities that I have used are really graphical and run very slow because of it. SWF Studio has a plain and simple interface but runs fast and has a great User interface. My only two experience with Flash Studio are:
    1: I tried to download there trial from there site quite a while back and the link was broken.
    2: Me and Gambini had quite the run in on a Flash Kit board. It was 4 pages long and finally got bad enough that the moderators took it down. I tryied to make Gambini mad at me multiple times and he came back at me strong.
    I think that the database support would be nice, as long as it is SQL or MySQL.

Flash 'N Pack doesn't work with any SQL Statements in the current version. Why, it’s because Flash 'N Pack is designed to produce a completely stand alone .exe files meaning files that will run on any Windows System win95 without any Runtime files... so adding SQl support will require your user to have or install database drivers and runtime files other wise your .exe will not work, try it with our competitor and see for your self, And the database drivers are usually over 5MB and most of them require a system boot, so if you are looking for a database system that is guaranteed to work on any windows system win95 and up, without the need of any extra files or drivers, then Flash 'N Pack is for you.

Does this mean Flash 'N pack will not support SQL in the near future?
    No
    It simply means that we will consider it but for now we will stick to using DBase type...

About the browser thing could you be more specific..
    if you don't mind could post your question here: http://www.flashnpack.com/forum
    Thank you.

Hi,

I am willing to consider your arguments. As I understand that Flash Studio Pro's support for database will only work on any machines with Win98 and up (which is actually okay for my needs).

I am also in favor of dbase format instead of mdb format.

However, what use is a database connectivity if there are no SQL support? I can achieve the same results with a flat file...

Regarding the browser, what I mean is that when I try to use the WYSIWYG interface to resize/reposition the activeX control, it doesn't happen in the compiled file.

Thanks.

Just to keep people informed, we've released 6 updates since the launch of Flash Studio PRO, all of which have been upgrades asked for by our users. Our next major update, as mentioned above, should hopefully be available at the end of this week, and I'm sure you'll be impressed. Check out our testimonials section to read what Flash Studio users have said about our products and our support.

Jasonsplace, I'm sorry the link was broken, we experienced extremely heavy traffic back then, but we have since updgraded our servers and so far so good (fingers crossed!). Please feel free to download the latest version or to save you having to re-download, you could wait till the end of the week for our next major update. If you're on a broadband connection, I'd be happy to email you a copy once it's available.

Hi,

where are the testimonials... not very nice of you to get us on a treasure hunt on your website.

similarly for your FAQs, there are no FAQs...

Testimonials are under "Testimonials" (On the flash movie at the top)

...and FAQ's are on the "Support" Section.

If you've bookmarked our site at all, you may need to press ctrl-F5 to refresh, theres a bug in IE that caches flash movies. Hope this helps.

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar

Nice pop-under ads Gambini.

NOT!

It would be annoying enough if it was just on the main page but they pop up all over the place. It's all Flash too so you can't even bypass the pages with pop-unders.

That's one way to make sure people don't bookmark your site

Originally posted by superb0x
    Hi,

I am willing to consider your arguments. As I understand that Flash Studio Pro's support for database will only work on any machines with Win98 and up (which is actually okay for my needs).
    I Don't know if that's true, because we have a Windows 2000 machine here, and the Database example from Flash Studio didn't work, w keep getting an unexpected Error every time we try to run their demo, so obviously something is missing here (Probably we have older version of ADO, DOA installed) hint: this is exactly what we are trying to get away from. We don't want our users to run into these unknown problems...
    As far as SQL Statements support sure we can look into it.. Please post your wish here http://www.flashnpack.com/forum so others can see it.

To Gambini: you might want to look into this problem, here is some more info that may help you...:
    Win2K with SP2
    MS Access is installed in this machine by the way, it is MS Access Version 2000, hint this could be the cause of the unexpected error problem, because you may be using a newer version of the drivers....

Thanks for the Feedback.

Thanks Flash N Pack - we have tested it on her on Windows 2000 with both Access 97 and 2000 and encountered no problem, but we'll go back and take another look. Thanks for the info.

Hi,

FlashnPack, was it "Unspecified Error" or "Unexpected Error"? You need to connect to database first, then make the query, then get the resultsets.

Gambini, please confirm if it works on all machines Win98 and up.

Anyway, Gambini, please get rid off the error prompts in your new version. Or at least have an option to have it on or off. I appreciate the error prompts for debugging, but NOT if I have it deployed!

FAQs: so I have to figure out what to ask first? and when i have figured it out, duh! it's not in the database. why can't you list all the FAQs?

superb0x, thanks for your feedback.

As mentioned, we're currently busy with a major update on the software, and we'll consider setting an option to supress the error messages.

Also, you only need to enter a key word to view the FAQ's, or leave it blank and just press GO to list them all. We thought or method of searching for a keyword would be neater as it would save having to trawl through lists and also because we have other products, not just Flash Studio.

Our email support is suberp too, so please email us on support@multidmedia.com for anything that is not on our website.

Hi Gambini,

I just noticed on your site you stated that distribution is royalty free up to 5000 copies (only)...

I think SWF Studio is unlimited. Not sure about FlashnPack.

Thanks.

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar

There are no distribution restrictions on the things you create with SWF Studio.
    Never have been, never will be.
    You build it. You sell it. You keep the cash

Why should you have to pay anyone because you have a good idea and create something popular? Companies with highly proprietary (and difficult to reproduce) technologies are the only ones that can get away with this.

Flash Studio gives you an unlimited licence to distribute and sell your Projectors completely royalty free.

We just upgraded our servers again this week and in the update a few of the older files must have been transfered too. Rest assured, we do not limit how many projectors you are allowed to distribute.

Sorry for the mistake, I hope this clears things up!

Well, Gambini... on your website it is still stated that

"Flash Studio PRO will take your SWF file and compile a fully cutomizable projecter (exe) or screensaver (scr) for royalty free distribution of upto 5000 copies!"

Please fix that. And how do we make sure that "old files" don't creep up again?

Press F5 to refresh your cache.

"Flash Studio will take your SWF file and compile a fully customizable projecter (exe) or screensaver (scr) for royalty free distribution"

hmnnn... this is BAD... i have pressed F5 so many times. and i even delete all files from cache now... and the site still shows the "old" page... "up to 5000 copies"...