A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: this is so unfair

I came home today, I walk in, and I see 3 boxes, a computer a monitor and a printer. I almost pee myself, thinking that I finally got the computer I had been asking for, I look on the box, it has all the sppecs that I said I wanted, and its an alienware, so I put 2 and 2 together, call up my mom, and thankher, she says, "Thankyou for what" I felt like I was going to die, its for my sisiter, shes going to college.....we were supposed to give her the computer that we have now, and we were going to get a new 1. It was so unfair, evreything was exactly what I wanted, even the mouse

ha, maybe if you have a nice sister....

Poor guy...that's terrible.

Sisters aren't supposed to get that good of computers...they are supposed to get the dowsized "internet ready" pc's.

That really sucks! I remember a similar expereince...
    I have been wanting to set up a wireless network in my home. I went to Florida and came back and, voila, my netowrk was set up. I walk to my computer to see the network adapter in my desk. Just at that second, my dad walks up and snatches it, saying "i left it there"

Sorry, Man. What does your sister need a computer for??? Just put in some more memory to your computer and trade her for some cash

Besides, what would your sister do with a computer? I cant stand the way my brother treats the computers he uses. Its like there trash sitting in the street...

that really sucks...
    perhaps you should start switching some pieces here and there (she won't check the parts right)

Thats great !
    Im really happy for you sister

No ?

its so unfair. she checks her email and uses yahoo messenger (the worst thing ever invented) and im the 1 that use photoshop,paintshop,flash,swish,swift and a bunch of other crap, lets compare the comptuers

hers
    2.2 pentium 4
    1gig of rdram
    80gig hard drive
    geforce 4 ti4400
    and its an alienware, so it looks cool

me
    400mhz p4
    64megs of sdram
    10.2gig harddrive
    ati rage IIc
    some crappy ugly grandma case

its so unfair, they act like she needs a freakin awesome PC to go to college when alls she going to be doing is typing stuff on it, she doesn't ever even go on the computer, I on the other hand am on all day?

my gosh, like she needs 1 gb ram, and 80 GB?? I have 80 gb doing flash and photoshop, swish, etc. and i have filled up 3 GB!!!! She will never fill even 1/64th of it!!!!

While shes sleeping, at least switch the hard drives

She must have drugged your parents!

I REALLY feel sorry for you now!

Clif

this really is ridiculus, ive been asking for a new 1 for about a year now, and she says that she doesn't want to take the old 1, so they go head over heels and but her a freakin awesome computer, maybe I should go to college too, and say I need a terabyte of harddrive space

DUDE! thats crazy, my sister does the same thing! checks her college email and goes on yahoo messanger all the time, nothing else, thats it!....is it just me or do sisters think alike when it comes to computers? perhaps drones sent to this planet to run a muck and make their brothers go crazy (exspecially when it comes to computers)

I want a new computer so bad we hooked it up, cause I need to show her how to burn cd's (retart) and its so fast, it was burning in like 9 seconds a song, and evrey flash site I went to was so smooth

Originally posted by alty29
    its so unfair. she checks her email and uses yahoo messenger (the worst thing ever invented) and im the 1 that use photoshop,paintshop,flash,swish,swift and a bunch of other crap, lets compare the comptuers

hers
    2.2 pentium 4
    1gig of rdram
    80gig hard drive
    geforce 4 ti4400
    and its an alienware, so it looks cool

me
    400mhz p4
    64megs of sdram
    10.2gig harddrive
    ati rage IIc
    some crappy ugly grandma case

its so unfair, they act like she needs a freakin awesome PC to go to college when alls she going to be doing is typing stuff on it, she doesn't ever even go on the computer, I on the other hand am on all day?

Hmmm they make 400 mhz pentium 4's

Or is that a mistake?

Wtf is up with that she gets the Alienware?

Unplug the power button.. she wont know what happened and.. then she will think she is being sneaky by giving you the alien ware for the 400 mhz. And voila plug back in the power button and run to the bathroom before you pee your pants from lol.

lol, opps mentt pentium2 but anyway, its still a piece of $hit and im on her computer right now, its stupid how fast it is, and shes leavign 2morrow, so I only have precious few hours left with this beutifull example of mans ingenuity

thanks to sony / IBM / and toshiba....in a few years we'll all be runnin on teraflops for our processors! (also known for use in super computers...for obvious reasons..speed and number of calculation a second) a terafop is equal to 250 ghz...so just think, instead of droolin over a 2.2 ghz comptuer, you'll be drollin over a 250 ghz comptuer in 2005 or 2006! all thanks to those guys making the playstation 3

lifes unfair, perhaps you should get a weekend job, save some money and buy your own ?

The Flashkit Mama
    replace it the hardware .
    change the casing , buy yurself an exact match casing like she hav and replace the stuff

P-4 runs on different specs. casing

Originally posted by Vatcher
    thanks to sony / IBM / and toshiba....in a few years we'll all be runnin on teraflops for our processors! (also known for use in super computers...for obvious reasons..speed and number of calculation a second) a terafop is equal to 250 ghz...so just think, instead of droolin over a 2.2 ghz comptuer, you'll be drollin over a 250 ghz comptuer in 2005 or 2006! all thanks to those guys making the playstation 3
    You will not see 250GHz. The PS3 cell has a chip with maybe 16 cpu cells. So no need for 250GHz. More like 5GHz or something. But still a lot.

Fredi

Just buy her a dell refurbished off of eBay. Include a Dvd burner, and a life size poster of Brad Pitt. Than ask for the alienware

This way In
    Hmmm, depends on what course shes doing. My sisters going off to do computer animation at teeside so me and my parents are going to get her a new PC, a nice apple mac, maybe an ipod or something, dual processers for all that rendering. Shes gonna need it.