A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Studio-Playground.com

[]D[][]V[][]D
    Trying alot of new things with this one. Preparing for the final push to completion (by Sept 5) and would appreciate any input from the community.

I would particularly like to hear from advanced designers and low-bandwidth users on overall experience.

Please report bugs, if you ever get confused,...etc.

Thx!

reminds me of 2advanced.com ... transistion and sounds ... and everything. guess you gotta get inspiration though ... from somewhere. sorry ... this isn't very constructive just an observation.

[]D[][]V[][]D
    Ouch?

Come on man. Do you really think so?
    Oh wait, I did use some....uhhhh...circles and stuff - and... I did do it in Flash...... So I guess you busted me.

lol. Thanks for the feedback though. Forgive my sarcasm - but that is the worst thing I could have heard. I am gonna havfta put 'ol Eric Jordan out of business to get any respect around here?

P.S.
    Phat chance of that!!!!
    Props - 2A!

"yo i got stupid dope moves"
    2advanced seems like to be the only site everyone copyies ..doesnt anyone get tired of it .....i mean its dope but i seen better sites out there...

Why does everyone say that everyone else copies 2advanced. Just because someone has a site that in some way reminds someone else of another site people immediately say it's a copy. Take all those guys who use to work for design insites

2advanced
    pixelranger
    platinumspade
    rayoflight

these guys all have simularities because they learnt and worked together. The top dogs set what the web transforms into and people use these sites for inspiration, it's a design style which they've developed over years and everyone develops there own as time progress'

Other than sounds how does this site copy Eric Jordan?

Hope you don't mind me getting this of my chest on your thread. I've been a member for 3 days and I've seen the 2advance comment about 50 times now. People are looking for feedback, not just looks like 2advanced.

Personally I like your site, it has a good layout, allows for expansion and the items you are showcasing stand out against the greyscale template

[]D[][]V[][]D
    Thank you dholtby.....
    A voice of reason. I am just as big a fan of 2A than the next guy, but I try really hard not to duplicate mr. Jordans designs - only emulate some of his techniques, or at least my impression of them. (its not like I have his source)

Thats what being an artist is all about right?

2A uses motion, illusion, and psychology to create a mood and to dazzle the mind. By far the best I have seen, or could even imagine seeing (pixelranger -close second for creativity alone). I guess I am quite proud of being compared to 2A and associates, but dont really think I am copying them. (Or am even half as talented for that matter.. really just started this racket)

Anyway, for the record thanks all for your thoughts I will do my best to keep up. Look for some source code on my site in the future - Maybe 2Advanced will start copying ME on that one. Wouldn't that be sweet?

cool

neat layout, smooth transitions, sweet effects. i like it!

the only thing is the colour (white/grey)

but nice site anyway

peace

[]D[][]V[][]D
    Thanks.
    Yeah, the whole Gray scale thing is more a matter of discipline than than anything. Its a b*tch not using color and honestly quite unforgiving. Keeps you real honest in your layout - any sloppiness shows right through (borders, etc...).

Anyway, I will work on the shading more and we'll see what we can make of it.

"reminds me of 2advanced.com ... transistion and sounds "

man... now everything everyone do its abut 2avanced, i think ur site looks cool with some nice effects that doesnt have nothing to do with 2a

[]D[][]V[][]D
    also, what sounds are you guyz talking about? I really havent added any sound just yet??????

-Getting rid of that lameass circular logo, as it seems that this part of the site does resemble th 2A logo. I guess b/c they are both.....uhhh...round. or sumthin.

And may be removing the shape tween transition of the swinging door effect between pages. These two are really the only things I can see that even remotely resemble 2A.

Eric Jordan called and said I can take a nap now.

Cool

I think the sounds people are talking about are the initial sounds as the menu loads.

Again people are so hung up on 2advanced to see past that.

Sick of hearing about sites that look like 2A go to this thread

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=360151

Let me know what you think of my new site:
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=362223

[]D[][]V[][]D

Thread not found?????

Hey dholtby - couldn't get there man....says the thread is invalid? So....hey just post the link here.

ashmills you are such an ass.
    This guy (Synic) deservers an applaude for his site.
    There is no doubt 2A's site is great, but people you need to move on and stop comparing every site to 2A. It seems as though the new rule is "it can't be good if it its not better than 2A's site."

Synic I like your site...in fact I must have refreshed it a few times because the way it loads leaves me dazzled. Its structure is perfect! Just out of curiosity...whats your frame rate?

I couldn't find anything wrong with the site really
    The only thing I would suggest is to change the color of the text found in Focus ---> tabs. The gray text is hardly readable.

--out, bUrst

[]D[][]V[][]D
    Thank you kindly acidburst. Its good to see someone out there agrees. Anyway - I tried 24fps for a while. And then one day on too much coffee I cranked it up to 48fps. I figure a fast cpu will gobble up the faster frame rate and a slower one will clock-down to whatever fps it is comfortable with so why not? Hell, I built it on a pIII-450 and its smooth as butter, even at 48fps.

The result is the hyper-active piece you see. Still hate it all personally - but thats what happens when you stare it as long as I have. So many details left to tend to. I will be looking into that text in focus also...

Thanks again!

Dynamic Systems, Inc. mikaelian's Avatar
    Originally posted by Synic
    Trying alot of new things with this one. Preparing for the final push to completion (by Sept 5) and would appreciate any input from the community.

I would particularly like to hear from advanced designers and low-bandwidth users on overall experience.

Please report bugs, if you ever get confused,...etc.

Thx!
    In general, big potential is evident.

A general remark about the site. I thik you have first worked on minor elements of the page, and then you have collected them into one page. The general graphicl concept of the page is not firm and attractive...

Thint about the graphical aspect.

But in general, god work!

Vahagn

Dynamic Systems, Inc. mikaelian's Avatar
    P.S. Also, avoid 2Advanced analogies.

Yo synic I like your work man. Why does everyone compare every fast design to 2A, I mean damn. Jordan is good, but man lay off the comparissons. I think you have exceptional skills. If you can look at my site and give me some deep criticism I'd be very thankful. Don't be afraid of sounding harsh. I need a lot of work. Be on the look out for version 2. Peace.

Simply Tragic! so **** you!

[]D[][]V[][]D
    Thanks for our replies all -
    mikalien- especially yours (not sell short anyone else...) This is the kind of constructive critisism we are all looking for.

I am a little lost though about your comments about 2A analogies - could you elaborate? I am sure its something so terribly obvious that I am overlooking. Anyway, I will be taking some extreme steps toward smoothing over what some people have refered to as 2A-ish elements here shortly as well as adding some cohesion between different stage elements. Probably in the form of some heavy graphics work - which I have really been trying to avoid, as file size was really my first priority during conception.

Admittadly though - ever since you mentioned it, I have really been noticing what you mean about the three tiers of the site (top, central, bottom) appearing somewhat independent from each other. Man that has been bothering me.
    It really has been a learning experience. This is just my half baked attempt at a carreer change. Anyway - thanks again for the insight.

Also -
    Hey nepzap - put your link out here bro! I would love to check out your work.