A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Can't properly import Swish .swf

Hey there...
    First off, I really love what Swish can do. I did the http://www.freespeech.org/insomnia/ flash content quite quickly and easily... (Let me know what you all think.) The only problem is that I want to add sound and maybe do a few graphics on top of it all.

I started fiddling with importing the file into Flash. After setting the size of the file and framerate of the file I was importing into appropriately, I thought I had it all worked out. Unfortunately, after importing, all of my "mouseovers", "clicks", and stops were gone, and I was left with a series of things popping up on screen and then exploding. Is this standard? How can this be dealt with, or failing that, how should I design in Swish in the future so that I can add the sound and the extra visuals I crave?

Actions in the SWF file are ignored by Flash when you import. In fact, the SWF import code is pretty bad. Read this technote:
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...ts/tn4109.html

Cheers, David

Maybe they could get with the company that came up with the SWF format and work out a better import routine?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bobwoodard:
    Maybe they could get with the company that came up with the SWF format and work out a better import routine?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Macromedia *did* come up with the SWF format!

Hence the winking smiley face. 8-) Has anyone heard if they have plans to change this?