A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: FS Commands

Hi all, i need if is possible to run an external app with a 3DFA on a projector, but not only run "exec myapp.exe" i need to pass other parameters too,more than call the app only. How can i do?

Thanks for help.

Please, support, if possible pass more parameters to an external exe by a 3dfa exported to swf file?

Thanks again.

Hello Marlo,

If you're only wanting to run an application from 3DFA on a local computer and not over the Internet then all you need to do is use the Open URL action.

eg. If I wanted to open MS-Word and have it open an existing document then the url that I would use on my computer system is

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Winword.exe test.doc

You can also change the path settings in Windows so that it includes the path for the Office product suite when it searches for winword.exe. This will then reduce the url to

c:\winword.exe test.doc

Now I've used test.doc and this document must be found in the currently logged-in directory. If the document is found in a specific directory then specify the full pathname of the file.

eg.

c:\winword.exe c:\my documents\about me\test.doc

You should be able to use this for any application that will accept command line arguments.

It should also work over the Internet as the url being used is acting on the local computer.

Hope this is of some help.